News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I'm sorry, but how is what she said not clear to you? There's nothing vague about the statement.

"The subway relief line" is a pretty vague term - removing the "downtown" from DRL to de-politicize it makes me shake my head. What's confusing to me, truly, is that Chow has in the past talked of how the DRL is not a priority.

"The subway relief line" is a pretty vague term - removing the "downtown" from DRL to de-politicize it makes me shake my head. What's confusing to me, truly, is that Chow has in the past talked of how the DRL is not a priority.

The subway relief line is clearly the RL.

And as far as I know, Chow never said the RL was not a priority. She said it wasn't something that should be an election issue. It's something I agree with wholeheartedly.The Relief Line is needed and Metrolinx, TTC, Government of Ontario and City of Toronto are actively working together to build it. The RL is only an election issue for those who wish to stall it's progress (ahem... Mr. Tory).

It's like whether or not the fire department is an election issue. The fire department isn't an election issue because nobody denies we need a fire department.. It would only be an election issue if someone wished to get rid of the fire department.

Last edited:

No matter who becomes the next mayor, the relief line is not gonna happen in the next 4 years. It's also a provincial project for the most part. For now, council will probably vote on some preliminary stuff, Chow will support it, and that's all that can be done. It's a long term priority, therefore it should not be an election issue. Whoever is promising that the relief line will be build if you vote for them is being dishonest. As for Tory, he is not interested in building the DRL at all. How is that not more troubling for you? And speaking of politicizing/de-politicizing, what do you make of the term "surface subway" that Tory concocted for obvious reasons?

Last edited:
No matter who becomes the next mayor, the relief line is not gonna happen in the next 4 years. It's also a provincial project for the most part. For now, council will probably vote on some preliminary stuff, Chow will support it, and that's all that can be done. It's a long term priority, therefore it should not be an election issue. Whoever is promising that the relief line will be build if you vote for them is being dishonest. As for Tory, he is not interested in building the DRL at all. How is that not more troubling for you? And speaking of politicizing/de-politicizing, what do you make of the term "surface subway" that Tory concocted for obvious reasons?

Of course the idea of Tory winning and dragging his feet on the DRL (along with cancelling SELRT and FWLRT) is a terrifying thought - we don't need another Mayor who plays into the right-wing obsessions of non-transit-riding Torontonians. "Surface subway" is ridiculous - it's basically just GO RER with a more digestable name for 416'ers unschooled in the ways (or existence) of GO :p

What a two faced conniving little witch she is.

How simple it is to say "we need a DRL" but of course she refuses to raise a single tax to fund it. She makes a vague statement but has no idea how to actually do it except bitch at an already broke Queen's Park. This is the same sad ass comment about the gun prohibition. It makes for good quotes but is completely out of her control and she knows it.

She has made it clear that Toronto will not pay for any transit expansion so where she gets the nerve to bring up what subways the city needs is beyond comprehension.

I think I'd rather see Ford re-elected than her, nothing would get done like Chow but at least it wouldn't be boring.

You mean like how Tory did the biggest flipflop in the campaign by going from being the DRL's biggest supporter to the DRL's biggest detractor?

These are our candidates. ;) :(

What a two faced conniving little witch she is.

How simple it is to say "we need a DRL" but of course she refuses to raise a single tax to fund it. She makes a vague statement but has no idea how to actually do it except bitch at an already broke Queen's Park. This is the same sad ass comment about the gun prohibition. It makes for good quotes but is completely out of her control and she knows it.

She has made it clear that Toronto will not pay for any transit expansion so where she gets the nerve to bring up what subways the city needs is beyond comprehension.

I think I'd rather see Ford re-elected than her, nothing would get done like Chow but at least it wouldn't be boring.

Chow = Miller two to you eh? Not that easy my friend...

I like Tory's surface subways idea because I think Toronto needs a better suburban railway system, more than anything else. LRT is great for citybuilding. But that suburban rail will actually ease gridlock and take cars of the road asap. Problem with Tory's campaign is the whole funding of the idea and what he's giving up in return.

Chow's whole gun control and jobs and affordable housing gambit has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure, if she's running for premier or prime minister. The mayor certainly doesn't have much impact on those issues, last I checked. She reminds me of another populist mayor who resorted to all kinds of hot-button emotional appeals to win his seat.

Soknacki. The thing that bugs me about him is his utter inflexibility. He's a reaction to Ford. Ford wants subways. Well then, I'll just undo everything wants/did and go back to Miller's platform. Might as well stamp his brochures as, "Miller-lite".

Not sure, who this leaves for me to vote for. Stintz is starting to look appealing.

"Surface subway" is ridiculous - it's basically just GO RER with a more digestable name for 416'ers unschooled in the ways (or existence) of GO :p

a bit condescending don't you think?

Surface subway is ridiculous...oh wait...

Hammersmith_and_City_Line_-_geograph.org.uk_-_24573.jpg

7977958855_e71d2ea5ff_z.jpg

I like Tory's surface subways idea because I think Toronto needs a better suburban railway system, more than anything else. LRT is great for citybuilding. But that suburban rail will actually ease gridlock and take cars of the road asap. Problem with Tory's campaign is the whole funding of the idea and what he's giving up in return.

Chow's whole gun control and jobs and affordable housing gambit has really left a bad taste in my mouth. Not sure, if she's running for premier or prime minister. The mayor certainly doesn't have much impact on those issues, last I checked. She reminds me of another populist mayor who resorted to all kinds of hot-button emotional appeals to win his seat.

Soknacki. The thing that bugs me about him is his utter inflexibility. He's a reaction to Ford. Ford wants subways. Well then, I'll just undo everything wants/did and go back to Miller's platform. Might as well stamp his brochures as, "Miller-lite".

Not sure, who this leaves for me to vote for. Stintz is starting to look appealing.

Tory's GO Electrification plan is not a good idea not at all.

- it Siphons riders from the Scarb Subway, which has hardly enough ridership to justify a subway as is.
- it does nothing to relieve crowding on Line 1 or at B-Y station. This means that the Relied Line will still be necessary
- And it costs $8 Billion. That's 4x the cost of Metrolinx's practically identical GO RER plan!!!

I can't believe this is what people consider a good plan. The current GO RER + DRL plans are far more effective and much cheaper than this SmartTrack nonsense.

Tory's GO Electrification plan is not a good idea not at all.

- it Siphons riders from the Scarb Subway, which has hardly enough ridership to justify a subway as is.
- it does nothing to relieve crowding on Line 1 or at B-Y station. This means that the Relied Line will still be necessary
- And it costs $8 Billion. That's 4x the cost of Metrolinx's practically identical GO RER plan!!!

I can't believe this is what people consider a good plan. The current GO RER + DRL plans are far more effective and much cheaper than this SmartTrack nonsense.

I don't like his Smartrack plan either but the Scarborough subway is justified

Back