News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This got you to thinking that you could post a map, that you have already done so a dozen times before, again awaiting perhaps one person to validate your dream while ignoring all the flaws pointed out by others previously

This got you to thinking that you could post a map, that you have already done so a dozen times before, again awaiting perhaps one person to validate your dream while ignoring all the flaws pointed out by others previously
No - more pointing out how poor the transit plans for Scarborough have been these last 10 years.

With Montreal's Mayoralty elections today, I just became aware of a proposed "Pink Line" or "La Ligne Diagonale" - that is being proposed by the opposition to the current Mayor. It would run diagonally from the North-East to downtown - and eventually with a West extension.

9cd71d6e3f2d7f14d713df76a817fe3f584af1f8.png

The cost, which is likely low balled to make it a more feasible campaign promise, is $6B for 29 km and 29 stations.

This got me thinking - if only Toronto could build a grade-separated transit line from the North-East to Downtown. It would be nice if this transit line could have a pre-existing corridor (such as a Gatineau Hydro Corridor and a Don Valley) where the line could run elevated, to lower costs. I think I worked out a cost of $7.0B for 37 km and 29 stations.

View attachment 126235

And she's won the election! I wonder with REM and this subway proposal potentially on the horizon whether Montreal will surpass Toronto in terms of rapid transit expansion now.

With Montreal's Mayoralty elections today, I just became aware of a proposed "Pink Line" or "La Ligne Diagonale" - that is being proposed by the opposition to the current Mayor. It would run diagonally from the North-East to downtown - and eventually with a West extension.

9cd71d6e3f2d7f14d713df76a817fe3f584af1f8.png

The cost, which is likely low balled to make it a more feasible campaign promise, is $6B for 29 km and 29 stations.

Yeah, this isn't happening. I don't know much about Montreal politics, but I know $6 Billion for 29 km and 29 stations would take a miracle to achieve. This sounds a lot like Rob Ford's lie that he would to build the Sheppard Line virtually for free. If this line materializes, it will be in a severely truncated form, which is still great.

Meh, as I understand it, the Orange Line is severely congested at rush hour.

Even if they build out just the downtown portion of the Pink Line, it will probably be somewhat useful in relieving congestion.

Is there a thread on the SkyRise Cities sister site about the Pink Line? I would be more than eager to follow development there.

Meh, as I understand it, the Orange Line is severely congested at rush hour.

Even if they build out just the downtown portion of the Pink Line, it will probably be somewhat useful in relieving congestion.

Is there a thread on the SkyRise Cities sister site about the Pink Line? I would be more than eager to follow development there.
Yes, but it has 1 post from February 2017. This was before the campaign team added the term "Pink Line" to show that their candidate was a woman.
http://skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/la-ligne-diagonale.26867/
To me it has great similarities to what is needed for Scarborough - but instead of planning a bunch of ideas that won't solve the problem, they are proposing what needs to be done for the medium to long term.

Yes, but it has 1 post from February 2017. This was before the campaign team added the term "Pink Line" to show that their candidate was a woman.
http://skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/la-ligne-diagonale.26867/
To me it has great similarities to what is needed for Scarborough - but instead of planning a bunch of ideas that won't solve the problem, they are proposing what needs to be done for the medium to long term.
Seems that I made that thread. :oops:

Stop coming on this thread every single day to fight the subway. :rolleyes:

It is definitely not the best solution but it is going to get built. Why not focus on other things like doing something to improve the bus service on Sheppard Ave E (e.g. BRT)?

Back