News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

When did el beso close?!

El Jardin is not the duo’s first venture downtown. Wiredu had been running El Beso for a few years before Maleki joined in on the ownership. Due to circumstances with the landlord beyond their control, they were forced to close El Beso in the same month El Jardin opened.

“We loved the brand and the location,” said Maleki. “It was heartbreaking to open another business while we were closing one. There’s a possibility we’ll revive El Beso in the future, but we would look for a space that would do it justice.”

"Cheryl Probert moved to downtown Edmonton in 2018. She’s such a fan, she’s now the president of DECL.org “I hardly ever leave downtown because I don't need to,” she says. “Everything I need is within walking distance.” "

Good news.
This commercial building along 105 Ave and 110 St is getting a nice makeover compared to what it was.

20230918_174824.jpg

Bad news.
Structube on 112 st and Jasper Ave is closing up shop. An already sad lineup of retail options has just dropped another half a point or so.

Unless, of course, they are moving to city centre mall or something. Would that be considered a win? Not that it's happening. Ha

20230918_175416.jpg
20230918_175439.jpg

Last edited:
Bought a bunch of stuff there and have enjoyed it thus far... alas... another one bites the dust.

From Sharon Yeo's weekly blog:

• Often Restaurant and Bar hosted their grand opening on September 16. It fills the vacant space in the McLeod Building (10009 101A Avenue), most recently occupied by Ra Bar.
  • Desi-licious is a new Indian restaurant that opened at 10010 104 Street (formerly occupied by a Basil Pasta Bar location). They are (if I am not mistaken), the first restaurant downtown to offer dosas!

The Structube loss sucks, but I was always sort of surprised that location was even there. It's much smaller than their other locations (which aren't huge by any means, besides the WEM store) and barely seemed to have customers.

I dunno, maybe, but I've bought three larger pieces from there and each time it was steady traffic.

Another furniture operation will move in there before you know it
I hope so... anyone remember Konto's location on 99th? Wasn't much bigger than this space (albeit they did have a second floor), would love something like that here (or anywhere around dt)

Back