News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think this permit actually has to do with new LED lighting scheme on the buildings.

Reference ID:Job No 484527335-004
Description:To develop a Comprehensive Sign Design Plan - ATB Place.
Plan 882RS Lot 10A
10025 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Plan F Blk OT
10025 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Plan F Lots 7-9
10020 - 100 STREET NW
Plan 384TR Lot 12A
Applicant:DIALOG
Create Date:2023-10-11T15:17:16Z
I noticed on my drive to work last week that they had some new lights at the top of at least two of the four corners of the building. Looked somewhat similar to the type of lighting on Edmonton House with the light directed down the blank corners of the building. It was not very noticeable so I assumed it was maybe just a couple installed as test/sample sections.

Who builds parkades in 2023? Let alone next to an LRT stop.
$$$

I spoke with a couple of people there who are not at all thrilled with the idea and have valid reasons not to be, but I don't suspect they will have any say on whether or not it happens. I'm assuming the city could turn them down though.

^^Yes, I believe those are just test sections. From what I heard the whole building is getting some kind of lighting scheme.

I noticed on my drive to work last week that they had some new lights at the top of at least two of the four corners of the building. Looked somewhat similar to the type of lighting on Edmonton House with the light directed down the blank corners of the building. It was not very noticeable so I assumed it was maybe just a couple installed as test/sample sections.
I'm glad it's not just me. I thought I hadn't walked by that spot in so long that it might have been there for a while but I guess it's new then. I don't know when they must have removed all of the old LED lighting that was there. Hope the new stuff is an improvement, but shame the old lighting was only there about 7 years.

Should we be happy for this news? I’m kinda sad but it sounds like Shipton has other plans…..which is good but what?

I like this swap/decision a lot. Manulife needs some love, refresh and this will move of that along in a tower that is still the centre of the CBD.

I am hopeful that ICE District Prop reverts that site back to residential and a purpose built rental that would do wonders for the area.

Manulife filled up again will be huge for it’s own retail operations, and hopefully even just having that many more people working in a building with a direct connection to City Centre will provide a little boost there.

Regardless, some brokers gettin’ PAID.

Manulife filled up again will be huge for it’s own retail operations, and hopefully even just having that many more people working in a building with a direct connection to City Centre will provide a little boost there.

Regardless, some brokers gettin’ PAID.
and a bigger boost to the retail in Commerce Plan.

I don't know if there is much of an RoI for the city on this. Paying $75-$100 psf (call it ~50k/unit) to convert commercial space to residential (that's taxed at 1/3rd the rate) doesn't seem fiscally prudent.

I would love to see more residential projects downtown but it's very tricky to square this circle.

Back