News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

hwood2.jpg

Queensway right before Royal York.. That is now a strip joint called 'House of Lancaster'

John B. Parkin Associates for the Bank of Nova Scotia.

They did BNS *and* BMO. And they still exist--but BMO was heavy-handedly "enclosed" in the 80s, so only BNS still really has its Parkinness intact...

s1464_fl0029_it0004.jpg

If you look at the shadows in the last picture than North would have to be to the left (around lunch hour) or behind (Late afternoon) the pov. It might be Rexdale plaza if the pov is to the south, but then I don't see the giant sears warehouse on the SW corner of the intersection. There does appear to be a traffic sign for the 401 though. If the pov is to the N-NE it could also be Rexdale and 27.

That's definitely looking south at Rexdale + Islington (remember that Rexdale + 27 don't meet at a right angle). As far as Sears (or as it would have been then, Simpsons-Sears) goes, it either (barely) did not exist yet or would have stood over the elevation on the right--what I'm trying to decipher, though (through those posts and slopes on the right) is whether the Islington-into-Rexdale "curveaway" existed yet.

Interesting view, anyway, of those classic early-CMHC sloped-roof "matchboxes" on the left.

Great! A spawn of Mustapha. Re the first photo: The masonry around the planters has held up surprisingly well. And those trees have managed to survive and thrive.

Love those uniforms!
I think the description said this was in Scarborough. Note the Red Barn in the background.
googie.jpg

Mustapha did at least one of these as a before & after.

thedeepend has been at this here at UT long before I arrived.:) Carry on the deepend.

yongefinch2.jpg

Which corner of Yonge & Finch? It has to be NW or NE, judging by the powerline corridor in the background.

If it was the NW corner, did it last until being torn down for the North American (Life) Centre? (I worked there from 1991 to 2005.)

And that's obviously a former original-design McDonalds, having undergone an arch-ectomy.

thanks for those updates Anna!
i hadn't realized that the owners had added a second level--its too bad they had to sacrifice the original zig zag roof line to accommodate it...

yongefinch2.jpg

Which corner of Yonge & Finch? It has to be NW or NE, judging by the powerline corridor in the background.

If it was the NW corner, did it last until being torn down for the North American (Life) Centre? (I worked there from 1991 to 2005.)

And that's obviously a former original-design McDonalds, having undergone an arch-ectomy.

It is the northwest corner and it did survive until the NA Life Centre was built in the middle 80's sometime.

mmmm. fish and chips. Thanks for those 'Now' pics Anna.

Blovertis ... 'spawn of Mustapha' The horror.:eek:

Back