News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

A great first 20, terrible second 20 and lucky to get out there with a win.

Kane still looks off.

A great first 20, terrible second 20 and lucky to get out there with a win.

Kane still looks off.

Really happy with this win. It was a tricky game given how a talented but underperforming Canucks team was playing for the future of a popular/accomplished coach with the crowd really behind them.
Canucks were pushing hard but we weathered it.

Better.
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 5.50.31 PM.png

Maybe verrrry recently, but Nicholson has been there all along and is the reason for so many errors over the last 5-10 years. Dustin Schwartz as a goalie coach should be out of a job given how our goaltending has been over the last decade as well. Brad Holland and Keith Gretzky seem good so far, as do the rest of the coaching staff.
Schwartz is highly regarded in the NHL and does a lot of off-season work with NHL goalies. I personally have heard from a lot of professional players who swear by him. This movement to blame him for every goalie gone sideways in Edmonton is proof that you can't believe everything you read on Twitter. Players know first and players know best. I trust them.

Here are my predictions:

View attachment 451910
Boston is going to be one heck of a game by that point. Thinking 5-4 Edmonton.
I agree almost 100%. Just don't see us losing to Detroit at this stage, unless we lose the previous game and it throws us off balance.
A win over Boston would definitely shake the foundations of the Earth, where this season's direction is headed. I Hope it happens. And I'll probably be at this game, because well... It's probably the most interesting game of the regular season, now.

Detroit has surprised a few this year at times and we are likely to lose one of CHI or DET.

Schwartz is highly regarded in the NHL and does a lot of off-season work with NHL goalies. I personally have heard from a lot of professional players who swear by him. This movement to blame him for every goalie gone sideways in Edmonton is proof that you can't believe everything you read on Twitter. Players know first and players know best. I trust them.
Sure, players can say he's highly regarded but then Talbot shoudl've stuck around if that was the case - his numbers started off great then got worse until he left the team. I will say Schwartz is definitely better than Chabot though based on our goalies' performances since he took over in 2015.

Sure, players can say he's highly regarded but then Talbot shoudl've stuck around if that was the case - his numbers started off great then got worse until he left the team. I will say Schwartz is definitely better than Chabot though based on our goalies' performances since he took over in 2015.
I'm going to disagree with that. Talbot's numbers did start well, but his staying around had nothing to do with Dustin Schwartz. Both he and Koskinen were pending free agents at the end of 2018-2019, and realistically we could only keep one. At the time of Talbot being dealt to Philly, he had a 0.893 save percentage, while Koskinen ended the season with 0.906. We had to decide by the trade deadline and chose the goalie who was performing better at the time, and we chose Koskinen. Hindsight is always 20/20, but it's pretty clear to see why we made the decision that we did.

All of that aside... look at this!

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 12.37.48 PM.png

Back