News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Pretty weak game by the Oil; they just didn't feel like they were present tonight.

A surprisingly fun matinee game to watch today with the Oilers/Sens.

Edmonton should hang on, but you can tell that Ottawa has a bunch of skill that's sneaky and effective.

Looks like we ran into a good goalie again or a few too many late-night poutines at the SSC last night in Montreal.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that first place in the Pacific (heck even the Western Conference) is there for the taking but they refuse to go a grab it. By my count they have pi$$ed away a minimum of 9 points this year with their modus operandi of playing down to their level of competition or gagging on leads in the closing moments. For example:

- Nov 3 lost 4-3 in regulation at HOME to NJ with a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd, giving up a goal in the first minute and then 2 goals seven seconds apart with under 4 minutes remaining. Should have got a Bettman here at a minimum (-1 point)
- December 15, 4-3 loss at HOME in a SO to St. Louis, including giving up the tying goal with 20 seconds left in regulation - finish this out or bear down and get the OT win (-1 point)
- Dec 17 lost 4-3 in regulation at HOME against the bottom feeding Ducks, a team that had only won 3 games in regulation up to that point (-2 points)
- Dec 23 lost 5-2 in regulation at HOME against Vancouver, a team that was self imploding at the time (-2 points)
- Jan 25 lost 3-2 at HOME to Columbus in OT - I think CBJ was in last overall at that point. (-1 point)
- Feb 16 a 6-2 loss in MTL, another bottom feeder who had numerous key injuries at the time (-2 points)
That is 9 points right there. Stuff happens during the year and not every team gets every point against inferior competition. But even if we took 6 of the 9 points noted above we would have 74 points and would be 1st seed in the Western Conference, 2 up on both Vegas and Dallas.
For sure Holland needs to make a move or two to fill some big holes but the current members of the team need to take ownership, change these frustrating habits, take care of business going forward and not have any more of these faceplants.
Like I said, maybe it's just me.

Desharnais was called up from the minors this morning, played the game against the Flyers tonight, and the Oilers win!

I didn't get to see this game except for the last few minutes. Are the Oilers playing 7 d-men when Desharnais is playing or who is sitting out?

Back