What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I'm just going by their website, but it looks like First Edmonton Place in 1982 was their first tower development, and they have had multiple mid-rise residential and commercial projects throughout the US and Canada and a few more towers sprinkled in. They're also vertically integrated in multiple aspects of property development giving them a broader understanding of the process.
Thank you.

^^^^ That is true and that brings us back to the discussion vis-a-vis positivity vs negativity -- either having nothing to do with reality.

Negativity is an easy goal to achieve -- it engenders simple basic emotions like "hate", "disgust", etc. Positivity on the other hand has to be worked at, has to be coddled and nurtured. The satisfaction from Positivity is the emotion that leads to hopefulness; negativity leads nowhere.

This discussion seems to have taken on a Sienfeldian quality. In the lack of anything of substance happening, it seems to be reverting to emotion and speculation.
A thread about nothing 😜

ZTEuanBn

Me going to the Quarters looking for the tower I want to buy in.

or perhaps the project is currently in the same philosophical place as schrödinger's cat, both dead and alive at the same time.
You spun that right round...round round quite nicely. I recalled early sentiments of similarly tragedy when Qualico purchased Stationland property. That was dead or alive...and look where we are now.

You spun that right round...round round quite nicely. I recalled early sentiments of similarly tragedy when Qualico purchased Stationland property. That was dead or alive...and look where we are now.
Not all cats have nine lives and maybe some of them use them up too soon foolishly.

No cats will have any lives with your negativity casting so freely. If it is within their means, they will pursue it WHEN THEY ARE READY AS IT IS THEY THAT ARE/WILL BE LIABLE FINANCIALLY. From your comments, you are negative because you want the tower up for your own selfish satisfactory.

WHAT I AM HAPPY WITH IS THE FACT THAT A PARCEL OF LAND IS NOT LEFT IN THE STATE OF 4TH OR 5TH WORLD AS REGENCY'S TWO SITES IN THE CENTRAL CORE...

^^^^ That is true and that brings us back to the discussion vis-a-vis positivity vs negativity -- either having nothing to do with reality.
Negativity is an easy goal to achieve -- it engenders simple basic emotions like "hate", "disgust", etc. Positivity on the other hand has to be worked at, has to be coddled and nurtured. The satisfaction from Positivity is the emotion that leads to hopefulness; negativity leads nowhere.
The problem is when you write something like, 'you can expect to see a "sales centre" once the snow clears', people think that's based on some real information, not something coddled for the sake of emotion and that has "nothing to do with reality."

Earlier the problem was that the media spun things like that the maximum allowable height for a building was raised to 280 m (since it no longer had to be lower with the city centre airport gone), into "Alldritt is building a 280m tower." Alldritt never stated that publicly. Between media inventions and forum positivity accounting for the good news about this building, I can't think of any positive statement that has come directly from Alldritt.

"I don't think this building will ever be built" is negative but is clearly understood as based on opinion and not secret information.
"I talked to someone and they said Alldritt abandoned all plans for this building" (maybe I got into a conversation with a relative who has an opinion on everything) is negative sentiment presented as information. I don't recall much negativity dressed up as informative in this thread, but I can't say the same about positivity.

Back