What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
The problem is when you write something like, 'you can expect to see a "sales centre" once the snow clears', people think that's based on some real information, not something coddled for the sake of emotion and that has "nothing to do with reality."

Earlier the problem was that the media spun things like that the maximum allowable height for a building was raised to 280 m (since it no longer had to be lower with the city centre airport gone), into "Alldritt is building a 280m tower." Alldritt never stated that publicly. Between media inventions and forum positivity accounting for the good news about this building, I can't think of any positive statement that has come directly from Alldritt.

"I don't think this building will ever be built" is negative but is clearly understood as based on opinion and not secret information.
"I talked to someone and they said Alldritt abandoned all plans for this building" (maybe I got into a conversation with a relative who has an opinion on everything) is negative sentiment presented as information. I don't recall much negativity dressed up as informative in this thread, but I can't say the same about positivity.
Positive, negative, what I can say with absolute confidence is that every one of the rumours about Alldritt building anything have come up empty while the "negativity" around their inability to move dirt has to date been completely accurate.

I think any construction on the Aldritt site will depend on the progress made east of 97th Street. The Valley Line Southeast could make a difference (when it opens), but I think other development (like residential) needs to take place. The old Hyatt is almost a white elephant of a development, unless there's more demand in tourism.

I agree, but, further to that, we need consistent migration into the region and a healthy economy for that to occur at some point in the future. I can almost guaranty that will be 15 years, at earliest.

Updated concept drawings (it’s still on hold):

471CF3B6-DE61-4ECA-A878-C8237B3280FC.jpeg
44C27FE7-E9C3-401C-B53F-885BCEFC7E0D.jpeg
6C7DD51F-6360-411E-8E46-D9CA93A07678.jpeg

Back