What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It's a great mix of the original dream proposal and the second more blocky realistic one, I love it honestly.

Plus the project already appears to be running on dub time 🤣
I wonder if that was the strategy. The first version was excellent, but they needed to change it for whatever reason. So they throw out that garbage second rendering so that number three looks great by comparison.

To summarize, it is an ambitious project (I think overly so in this case) for a difficult, in many ways, location by a company without experience with this sort of thing.

So, I think the chances of it happening are slim. I also think the Quarters and the city would be better served by focusing on more realistic projects on some of the empty lots north of this.

To summarize, it is an ambitious project (I think overly so in this case) for a difficult, in many ways, location by a company without experience with this sort of thing.

So, I think the chances of it happening are slim. I also think the Quarters and the city would be better served by focusing on more realistic projects on some of the empty lots north of this.
I am forwarding your comment on to the PTBs at Alldritt -- I am sure they will be happy to take count of your deep wisdom.

Would rather see 3 or 4, 20 to 40 story buildings (condos. hotel, apartment) go up in this area over one mammoth project to be honest. Would add a lot more to the area, IMO.
I'd rather see this massive tower along with a bunch of 4-6 storey throughout the rest of the Quarters.

I feel like you can't go wrong with either, just get stuff built!

My take on it is that a nice TOD in the Quarters with 3 or 4 towers would be better for the Quarters, however an iconic and recognizable tower for Edmonton on the same stretch of Jasper Ave as Hotel Mac and the convention centre would be better and more exciting for the city in the long run as long as you add in those low-midrise buildings in the Quarters to fill out the empty lots and keep more foot traffic in the area.

I didn't chose to come in here and admonish anyone who has not developed to my expectation. As long as a developer does not downgrade us like REGENCY, there is no need to be childest and blatanly attempt to deface someone. Regency is fair game FOR THEY ASKED FOR IT.

Back