News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Photos by me:

There were about 100 bikes there.
3878870023_4397734b96.jpg

3878876377_6e3af5f118.jpg

The bikers starting leaving shortly after the 6 pm news started.
3878882227_f1f62cfb0c.jpg

okay what happened.

Did the cyclist go crazy and jump on the car or did the car crash into the cyclist and was just holding on for dear life???

That being said, it all really depends on what the cyclist was trying to do by holding on to Bryant's car. If a reasoanble person would have believed that the cyclist was trying to cause Bryant serious bodily harm, then Bryant may have been totally justified in what he did.

I'm thinking that with Canada's more stringent self-defence laws that's a bit of stretch, isn't it? I remember a homeowner who was charged for trying to kill a robber in his own house in the West at some point. Something similar must apply here.

It is sad how our society has a tendency to blame the victims and not the aggressor. Like when a girl gets raped, it is her fault because of the way she dresses. I just think it is wrong.

Last edited:
^^^ Yeah that was a classic case that really highlights the differences between us and the Americans.

In the US he would be a brave celebrated man, here some see him as a man that shoots and asks questions latter.

Actually if you ever talk to a lawyer or to anyone who knows the law and ask about the rules of self defense, they hesitate. It is not very clear, but all I know if anyone comes into my house uninvited, they will be hurt badly and I expect you would all do the same.

...but all I know if anyone comes into my house uninvited, they will be hurt badly and I expect you would all do the same.

well in that case, i'll make sure i'm on the guest list before i come over for a party at your place and not just tag along (party crash) with a friend that was invited. ;)

come on! nobody noticed this yet?

michael_bryant__.jpg

Jack_Bauer.jpg

I would have viewed Michael Bryant as being TOTALLY BLAMELESS had he stayed in the right hand lane. When he CROSSED LANES he crossed the line! Unless the steering failed on his car the ONLY reason for crossing lanes was to INFLICT HARM on the cyclist clinging to the LEFT HAND side of his car. Inflict harm he did and as a result a young father is now DEAD. Under Canadian Law if you INTEND to inflict HARM on a person and that person DIES you are subject to SECOND DEGREE MURDER charges. Why is he only being charged with reckless driving???

you should be ashamed for blaming the cyclist.

Hmm…

Let’s see, the Globe now reports the cyclist had been drinking prior to the incident and had been approached by police only hours before. Also eye witnesses claim the cyclist began striking Bryant after the initial dispute. In addition, Bryant’s passenger was his wife.

But as you say, don’t blame the innocent cyclist…

Last edited:
I would have viewed Michael Bryant as being TOTALLY BLAMELESS had he stayed in the right hand lane. When he CROSSED LANES he crossed the line! Unless the steering failed on his car the ONLY reason for crossing lanes was to INFLICT HARM on the cyclist clinging to the LEFT HAND side of his car. Inflict harm he did and as a result a young father is now DEAD. Under Canadian Law if you INTEND to inflict HARM on a person and that person DIES you are subject to SECOND DEGREE MURDER charges. Why is he only being charged with reckless driving???

Lucky for him then murder is only if there is intent to kill, eh?

Back