News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

and for those who want to try and fall back on saying “but he didn’t read the t-shirt and neither did his staff” i would say if you want to be prime minister and you want your party to form government, then it’s seeing and paying attention to the details that is the difference between success and failure.

Justin Trudeau's latest cabinet shuffle has Randy Boissonnault moving from the tourism portfolio to the Minister of Employment Workforce Development and Official Languages. No idea who has the Associate Minister of Finance. Randy is still the only Cabinet Minister from Alberta.

Last edited:
Justin Trudeau's latest cabinet shuffle has Randy Boissonnault moving from the tourism portfolio to the Minister of Employment Workforce Development and Official Languages. No idea who has the Associate Minister of Finance. Randy is still the only Cabinet Minister from Alberta.
I think they've extinguished the Associate Minister of Finance position. George Chahal will never be part of the Cabinet due to the election-day flyers scandal that completely tainted him and ruined his chances of becoming a minister.

Looks like the Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is meeting with Mayor Sohi to discuss the topic Indigenous-led housing and funding for it.

Looks like the Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is meeting with Mayor Sohi to discuss the topic Indigenous-led housing and funding for it.

Trudeau also took part in Pride festivities at Churchill Square today.
BTW I couldn't help but notice that he's no longer wearing a wedding band on his finger.

I'm with the federal environment minister on this. I really don't trust our ethical oil companies and their targets. Case in point - Suncor's carbon emissions record and recent comments from their CEO.

"Oil and gas contributed 28 per cent of Canada's total emissions in 2021, and the oilsands alone account for 13 per cent.

Suncor contributed 17.4 million tonnes, or 2.5 per cent of the national total. Suncor's emissions in 2021 were 50 per cent higher than they were in 2011. Canada's total emissions have fallen six per cent compared with 10 years ago.

Kruger, who only took over as Suncor CEO in April, told investors during Suncor's second-quarter results conference call that the company had a "disproportionate" focus on the longer-term energy transition to low-emitting and renewable fuels.

"Today, we win by creating value through our large integrated asset base underpinned by oilsands," he said.

He promised a "revised direction and tone" focused more on the immediate financial opportunities in the oilsands.

In that same call, Suncor reported second-quarter earnings of $1.9 billion, down from $4 billion in the second quarter of 2022, when oil prices soared following Russia's invasion in Ukraine."

I'm with the federal environment minister on this. I really don't trust our ethical oil companies and their targets. Case in point - Suncor's carbon emissions record and recent comments from their CEO.

"Oil and gas contributed 28 per cent of Canada's total emissions in 2021, and the oilsands alone account for 13 per cent.

Suncor contributed 17.4 million tonnes, or 2.5 per cent of the national total. Suncor's emissions in 2021 were 50 per cent higher than they were in 2011. Canada's total emissions have fallen six per cent compared with 10 years ago.

Kruger, who only took over as Suncor CEO in April, told investors during Suncor's second-quarter results conference call that the company had a "disproportionate" focus on the longer-term energy transition to low-emitting and renewable fuels.

"Today, we win by creating value through our large integrated asset base underpinned by oilsands," he said.

He promised a "revised direction and tone" focused more on the immediate financial opportunities in the oilsands.

In that same call, Suncor reported second-quarter earnings of $1.9 billion, down from $4 billion in the second quarter of 2022, when oil prices soared following Russia's invasion in Ukraine."
These are the statements one can make when they have the whole of a provincial government in their pocket and working almost exclusively at the behest of your industry.

These are the statements one can make when they have the whole of a provincial government in their pocket and working almost exclusively at the behest of your industry.
It also sounds like how ESG goes right out the window when recessions begin to loom. Corps everywhere right now are wringing out the towel for any more drops of growth they can get to appease shareholders.

A corporation's main responsibility is to generate returns for it owners, a government's responsibility is mitigate this and deal with other problems.

So in this case the parties are actually doing what they should. I was never fooled by all the ESG corporate happy talk that never amounted to much recession or not, it was mostly just to take the pressure off them to do more.

A corporation's main responsibility is to generate returns for it owners, a government's responsibility is mitigate this and deal with other problems.

So in this case the parties are actually doing what they should. I was never fooled by all the ESG corporate happy talk that never amounted to much recession or not, it was mostly just to take the pressure off them to do more.
Well, all parties except one. I'll let you figure out which one is showing the Utmost Contempt for the People of Alberta.

Re: ESG, it's a real thing and it is actually happening beyond mere greenwashing. It's dollar-driven, but for most of the world, it's the only path toward continued operations 30 years from now - and the most influential businesses are thinking on time horizons like that or longer.

The only real parties in this case are the company that is extracting the resources and the Federal government that makes the rules related to it.

The province is really more like a spectator shouting on the sidelines watching the game, when they are not happy about how it is going.

Every MP on both sides of the house that participated in these ovations as reported by Canadian Press should be embarrassed and should demand better of our government and those government departments responsible for protocol and vetting in situations like this:

“During Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s visit to Ottawa on Friday, MPs honoured 98-year-old Yaroslav Hunka in the House of Commons.

“Hunka was invited by Speaker Anthony Rota, who introduced him as a war hero who fought for the First Ukrainian Division.

“”I am very proud to say that he is from North Bay and from my riding of Nipissing_Timiskaming,” the Ontario MP said as an introduction.

“”He is a Ukrainian hero, a Canadian hero, and we thank him for all his service.”

“MPs cheered and Zelenskyy raised his fist in acknowledgement as Hunka saluted from the gallery during two separate standing ovations.

“The First Ukrainian Division was also known as the Waffen-SS Galicia Division or the SS 14th Waffen Division, a voluntary unit that was under the command of the Nazis.

“The Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies issued a statement Sunday saying the division “was responsible for the mass murder of innocent civilians with a level of brutality and malice that is unimaginable.”

“”An apology is owed to every Holocaust survivor and veteran of the Second World War who fought the Nazis, and an explanation must be provided as to how this individual entered the hallowed halls of Canadian Parliament and received recognition from the Speaker of the House and a standing ovation,” the statement said.”

Back