News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

These salaries should be capped at $16/h
For operators? That is completely absurd. Why don't you just reinvoke slavery and execute them if they don't drive for free?

There's enough turn-over at the current wages. The system wouldn't function at such a low salary.

My preference is that the people who are responsible for the safety of a large portion of the public be paid well.

For operators? That is completely absurd. Why don't you just reinvoke slavery and execute them if they don't drive for free?

There's enough turn-over at the current wages. The system wouldn't function at such a low salary.

nfitz is right. $16/hr means $32K/year - which is below the poverty line for a family of 3 in Toronto!

This city has huge problems with transit and the whole model needs to be changed. TTC is a joke with many employees making over 100K really? to drive a bus? be a collector? These salaries should be capped at $16/h and there still will be line ups for these easy to do jobs. The Union MUST GO, they are killing the TTC, let private investment flow into to the TTC, allow private holdings etc. The TTC is a cash mine with all the property they own, this must be developed. All subway stations can have more retail, why not build skyscrapers above them? office? condos?

Then when we need subways built, lrts, streetcar lines etc we need to learn from Asia. Look at China/Taiwan and how fast and rapidly they have built their subway systems. The amount of time and money these Union slobs took to make that disater St.Clair LRT they could have built a subway line with 50 stops. I say outsource it to a Asian company to manage and oversee operations and use local labourers.

Toronto needs to wake up, enough is enough. Rob Ford you want to build subways great, but the entire system is broken so start with that.
You think driving a bus is easy? 16/hr is not a lot of money. At a 35 hour week it is less than 30,000 gross. I want to be using transit and having people who drive them have a very good wage. That St clair ROW cost less than 200,000,000. How would you have built a subway for that money? And part of that delay were businesses holding it up in court for over 1 year. Obviously the building above the stations has been discussed and is not as easy as it seems. Guess you would not mine those transit mishaps that have happened in Argentina in the last number of years. Most recently was couple of weeks ago with over 40 people dying. Trains were privatized and of course maintenance levels dropped.

Last edited:
This city has huge problems with transit and the whole model needs to be changed. TTC is a joke with many employees making over 100K really? to drive a bus? be a collector? These salaries should be capped at $16/h and there still will be line ups for these easy to do jobs. The Union MUST GO, they are killing the TTC, let private investment flow into to the TTC, allow private holdings etc. The TTC is a cash mine with all the property they own, this must be developed. All subway stations can have more retail, why not build skyscrapers above them? office? condos?

Then when we need subways built, lrts, streetcar lines etc we need to learn from Asia. Look at China/Taiwan and how fast and rapidly they have built their subway systems. The amount of time and money these Union slobs took to make that disater St.Clair LRT they could have built a subway line with 50 stops. I say outsource it to a Asian company to manage and oversee operations and use local labourers.

Toronto needs to wake up, enough is enough. Rob Ford you want to build subways great, but the entire system is broken so start with that.

Why don't you get up at 4 AM in the morning to get to the bus garage, drive the morning rush during a snow storm, return to the garage, wait until 3 PM, drive the evening rush, return to the garage, then go home?

The evidence is mounting that Mayor Ford is going to lose the Council vote on the Sheppard subway, and that his control over Council is now lost forever.

So why are we not hearing any discussion about a Council vote to reinstate Gary Webster as TTC Chief General Manager? It is crazy for the TTC to be going into this major building plan without anyone in charge for the next year or more.

That may happen once Sheppard is set and the province agrees to flow money. I'm not sure if re-hiring Webster would technically be within the realm of full Council, rather than the TTC commissioners, but presumably Council can and will replace the Ford allies on the commission once the finalized build plans are in place.

That may happen once Sheppard is set and the province agrees to flow money. I'm not sure if re-hiring Webster would technically be within the realm of full Council, rather than the TTC commissioners, but presumably Council can and will replace the Ford allies on the commission once the finalized build plans are in place.

Why would Webster want it?

He's getting a regular paycheque and has the official job of doing whatever he wants. If his intention was to retire in his 60's then it is the perfect situation for him.

If Ford's plans for civilians as commissioners on the TTC goes through, Webster could be back but as a commissioner, if city council still is in control by then.

Why would Webster want it?

That's a very good question. He's got a nice severance, and was planning on leaving in a year anyway. Besides, until things settle down, what civil servant would want to step into the meat grinder that is city politics these days?

The evidence is mounting that Mayor Ford is going to lose the Council vote on the Sheppard subway, and that his control over Council is now lost forever.

So why are we not hearing any discussion about a Council vote to reinstate Gary Webster as TTC Chief General Manager? It is crazy for the TTC to be going into this major building plan without anyone in charge for the next year or more.
So why did I just hear in the news that Ford met with developer about building on top of subway stations and he stated he feels optimistic. Another lie from him?. Besides if that panel comes back in favour of LRT and thats what council will then support does it matter if developers will go for it? Can you also trust what ford says about putting tolls or parking fees? Would anyone trust him with his word once or if he gets the councillor support for a subway along shepprd. He can go back on his word. And that sheppard money only comes once Eglinton LRT is complete and if money leftover so would it not mean no extension till then and so where does money come from in the meantime?

they really should continue sheppard as a subway, if they want to grow those two nodes (STC and NYCC). then it'd be a subway triangle. it'll also take pressure off of the eglinton LRT. i believe the metrolinx report out february 7th had sheppard as subway, so they are planning something. actually, it says that they give responsibility to the TTC to fund it. so the city of toronto. great. 905er tax'd.

Back