News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

well, they have grown..but i feel that having the sheppard as subway (or at the very minimum, LRT) with no transfers would speed up the process slightly.

I just heard the latest news that there will be a special council meeting called next week and that the 5 commissioners that fired Webster will be fired themselves from the TTC board. There will be more news coming on this topic after 8pm

Its not Ford calling the special meeting. Stinz will pass a motion on Mon to dissolve the board and replace with a commission of 7 councillors plus 4 citizen members and that the chair should be member of the board and this provision will be included in the motion. The 4 councillor that did not vote to fire Webster would remain on the board. She said that the commission needs to be comprised of people who support council's will.

Last edited:
Its not Ford calling the special meeting.
There is no special council meeting. This is a regular meeting scheduled for Monday and Tuesday covering a 100 different agenda items. And it is Rob Ford who brought this item to council, through the Executive Committee - all that is planned is that an amendment will be offered to change the board composition and timing of the change.

Incredible. Phenomenal. Unbelieveable.

Ford has been neutered -- this is Karen Stintz's council now.

I wonder why Matlow's name is not being mentioned for TTC, given that he played a high profile role in showing there was support for Stintz's coup d'etat.

For that matter, what's with him shutting his twitter account down? Off the radio, off new media, not on the TTC. Is there a story there?

Maybe he is hiding something or does not want to reveal anything till next week or perhaps he does not want the position of sitting on the board, Maybe want to give some of the other lesser profile councillors a shot or perhaps to get their vote. I was also surprised not to see his name on there also.

Oh dear nfitz, are you making things up again?

Glad we can always count on you for accuracy in setting the record straight. :rolleyes:

wtf? It's the mayor's agenda item and Stintz will amend it, exactly like nfitz said. (I'd say he's hoist on his own petard, but the petard would probably break.)

Some notes from twitter regarding this revelation:

It appears that Stintz's compromise with the mayor concerning the TTC board was destroyed yet again...

From Karen Stintz's twitter:

My attempts at compromise with the Mayor were again undermined by Doug Ford & Nick Kouvalis. The situation became untenable. KS #TOcouncil

Josh Matlow's twitter:

I'm removing myself from a conversation that is no longer honourable. Toronto city hall is where some of the worst sausages are made.

This twitter account will be out of use for a while. In the meantime, please feel welcome to contact me at councillor_matlow@toronto.ca

And thus prepares us for the sacking of the TTC Board.

Last edited:
Maybe he is hiding something or does not want to reveal anything till next week or perhaps he does not want the position of sitting on the board, Maybe want to give some of the other lesser profile councillors a shot or perhaps to get their vote. I was also surprised not to see his name on there also.

i think there's something going on. his last couple of tweets are at all like the happy go lucky Josh Matlow we've come to love.

EDIT following jje: Some detail from Don Peat: http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/02/ttc-board-games-go-on

At one point Friday night, Councillor Josh Matlow claimed the five commissioners that voted to fire TTC chief general manager Gary Webster would be dumped from the board and replaced with a slate of councillors including Councillors Joe Mihevc, Josh Colle and Glenn De Baeremaeker.

“At one point in time there was an agreement that there would be (a slate),” Matlow told the Sun, adding he believed the mayor’s office was going to put forward its own slate of councillors for the TTC.

Is this just about who's going on the TTC and when, or was there an attempt to compromise on subway to Vic Park that blew up tonight? I can't quite tell.

Last edited:

Back