News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

The TTC election in Council is a free for all. I can't imagine any of the FordFive getting enough support to stay. I anticipate Stintz will remain as TTC chair but all others are a toss up. I'll be live tweeting from City Hall @_ipedro_

The TTC election in Council is a free for all. I can't imagine any of the FordFive getting enough support to stay. I anticipate Stintz will remain as TTC chair but all others are a toss up. I'll be live tweeting from City Hall @_ipedro_

But you would think that since Stinz is going to ask for a motion to have the Board dissolved that councillor have already met and decided which name to put forward (just like when they approved the option for the LRT along Eglinton) after all if they have not met to discuss then councillors on Ford's side will get in. Can any member of the public go and watch? Does the chambers there hold only so many spectators and what time does it start.

I also noticed at the City of Toronto website, that the meeting held on feb 8 talks about Toronto City council and "The Eglinton Crosstown LRT from Jane Street to Kennedy Station" But all I hear on here is it will start at Black Creek. I know eventually it will go west but why does that meeting say Jane Street to Kennedy station?

Last edited:
they did when they were having those meetings on the budget cuts. perhaps it will be more convienient to watch it on tv but more exiting to be down there

Anybody can go down to City Hall to watch in person. There is enough room. There was during the controversial Feb 8 meeting so no doubt you'll be able to find a spot today. If the chamber ever gets too full, they project the live feed on a wall in the entrance rotunda. The council session will start @ 9:30am but most likely, the big action will take place after lunch.

guess I'll watch it on Rogers in the morning and then go down after lunch - depending on when they break for lunch because from I remember from the budget cut debate it was at least 1 1/2 hr

I just heard Mammoliti talk and telling Stinz to keep her downtown views downtown and that the suburbs don't want them and going on about Finch actually getting a subway. What planet is he on? And Augimeri then getting up to speak saying there will never be a subway on Finch and that Mammoiti is being indigenous (can't spell it)

I just heard Mammoliti talk and telling Stinz to keep her downtown views downtown and that the suburbs don't want them and going on about Finch actually getting a subway. What planet is he on? And Augimeri then getting up to speak saying there will never be a subway on Finch and that Mammoiti is being indigenous (can't spell it)

*disingenuous

I'm watching this in chambers. While Georgio is speaking a red-haired supporter next to me is saying "Amen, Amen. Hallelejah. Praise Jesus. Praise Jesus." Now I want to see who is head of the Emery Village BIA.

If he wasn't a councillor he'd make a good satirist. For the nutty audience that is.

I'm watching this in chambers. While Georgio is speaking a red-haired supporter next to me is saying "Amen, Amen. Hallelejah. Praise Jesus. Praise Jesus." Now I want to see who is head of the Emery Village BIA.

IIRC, Georgio is chair.

City staff is now counting the ballots.
The nominees: Cho, Stintz, Parker, Augimeri, DeBaeremaeker, Palacio, Pasternak, Colle, Robinson, Crawford, Milczyn
7 will be chosen.

I was surprised to see Mammoliti nominate Shelly Carroll. I am not sure if this is part of divide and conquer. i was trying to keep track how many Stinz's supporters were nominated vs Ford. And then Shelly and I forget her name now taking their names out. Maybe they realized Ford's team was trying to divide and conquer.

And why is it whenever these meetings are held the Fords are never around. Or are they? I never hear them speak and Ford is not at the chair as Miller would be. Can;t the people who support Ford see this. Are they not asking themselves where is Ford and why is he not making his case, etc.

Back