News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

President Trump fails on first attempt to shake hand's with Poland's "First Lady" Agata Kornhauser-Duda. Does on second attempt, after Agata shakes hands with Melania Trump first.

Was Trump trying not to offend his supporters on the right?

See link.

Critics slam Trump after he declines to call out Charlottesville white supremacists, some of whom are his supporters

Trump on Saturday condemned the bloody protests in Charlottesville, Va., in what critics in both parties saw as muted, equivocal terms.

U.S. President Donald Trump is rarely reluctant to express his opinion, but he is often seized by caution when addressing the violence and vitriol of white supremacists, neo-Nazis and far-right activists, some of whom are his supporters.

After days of genially bombastic interactions with the news media on North Korea and the shortcomings of congressional Republicans, Trump on Saturday condemned the bloody protests in Charlottesville, Va., in what critics in both parties saw as muted, equivocal terms.

During a brief and uncomfortable address to reporters at his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey, he called for an end to the violence. But he was the only national political figure to spread blame for the “hatred, bigotry and violence” that resulted in the death of one person to “many sides.”...

Just read the transcript, at this link:

The complete transcript of Donald Trump’s stunning Tuesday remarks on racist violence in Charlottesville

“Yes, I think there’s blame on both sides,” Trump said.

trump-et-al.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x734.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump’s controversial Tuesday remarks on violence in Charlottesville, Va., came in a question-and-answer session with reporters. The exchange followed a discussion on infrastructure in the lobby of Trump Tower in New York City.

I am in a small town in California. For the first-time I saw an anti-trump protest last weekend. He's riling up middle class folks with this.

Those who didn't vote or voted for him just because they didn't like Hillary must feel very dumb.
IDK, if I was a progressive-minded American I'd see Trump's accendancy as a necessary evil towards winning the long game. Unless fire and fury occurs, Trump shouldn't cause any lasting damage, while the far right pendulum swing may perhaps hinder the GOP for a generation.

A HRC victory OTOH would put back the Democrats, since she'd be tainted (emails, Bernie snub, etc) and unable to work with the GOP congress, while reinforcing the public perception that HRC is crooked.

IDK, if I was a progressive-minded American I'd see Trump's accendancy as a necessary evil towards winning the long game. Unless fire and fury occurs, Trump shouldn't cause any lasting damage, while the far right pendulum swing may perhaps hinder the GOP for a generation.

A HRC victory OTOH would put back the Democrats, since she'd be tainted (emails, Bernie snub, etc) and unable to work with the GOP congress, while reinforcing the public perception that HRC is crooked.

So Trump is currently or will be shorter a "lame duck" President? One who does almost nothing during his remaining days, months, years in office?

Back