News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A couple of things I would add:

1) a greater variety of emoticons including animated emoticons

2) The ability to give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" to each post

A couple of things I would add:

1) a greater variety of emoticons including animated emoticons

2) The ability to give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" to each post

For the thumbs up or down, allow to change your vote should you change your mind. However, record it so that the total count remains the same.

my 2 cents

1. Have the ability to post photos directly to urban toronto (rather than offsite hosting)

2. a 'photo scrapbook' functionality that will pull all the photos from a construction thread, and either display all the photos or links of the photos on one page, in the chronology they were posted.

3. Similar to toronto Star commenting, be able to agree or disagree with a post, and keep the tally.

4. A google map with projects thumb tacked, and having a link to their thread.

I also agree with the notion of having a separate Projects & Construction board for the suburbs/905, or perhaps a sub-forum.

1. Have the ability to post photos directly to urban toronto (rather than offsite hosting)

This site has it's own hosting for photos. WHen replying to a post, you see a button under the message area called "Attach Files"? That's it! ;)

I would like a stealth mode for browsing the forum at work. Strip out the main logo, all pictures, avatars, smilies, etc. You'd have to click on a photo placeholder to actually view the photo.

This would help to keep me employed.

As discussed on the Google Streetview thread, maybe add a link to the GSV photos of a building?

my humble suggestion

Split up projects and construction somehow....
-geographical: City of Toronto vs 905/519 etc
-by status: Construction vs Pre(?)-construction [Proposed/approved/sales etc]
-height... low rise vs high rise...

My preference would be geographical... get some more exposure to 905 and beyond projects that get lost among all the updates for BA, MLS, 1BE, Cityplace etc. Plus people may be more willing to create a thread for a new project since it won't get immediately buried by Toronto projects.

If 905 threads are put into their own forum, they will really die I think. They already barely get any attention.
Why we feel the need to have borders where none exist is beyond me. I thought many people here felt the same way, but I guess not.

My preference is also to keep the GTA together, which makes sense as it's a contiguous urban area.

If we must shunt threads over to a subforum, then it should be those on projects in other urban areas of southern Ontario.

Back