News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A lot of people are referring to the Torontoist banner which is awesome. Our old logo was like that... with Trump and FCP, etc... why can't we just use that one but with a different typeface?

I know several people have brought up the issue of the site being able to adjust to different monitor resolutions... I would like to bring it up again. Currently I am getting the Citizen/Tridel ads spilling over into the first post at the top of each page. Their wide banner ad is centered below the drop down menus where it belongs but the larger square ad is found below that, right justified inside the first post.

There's a bunch of posts here about the new look of the forum itself. Problem with them being more complicated than the previous one. Here's the old look compared to today's look. Pretty much all the same functions existed in the previous one. So the question is what's the problem with the new one compared to the old one. Both were vBulletin standard look.

Picture-9.jpg

Picture-7.jpg

^ Anybody?

The big blocky envelope clipart on the left seems clunky and unneccessary... and as mentioned earlier the palette is still a bit hard to digest. I find the orange and red puts me into a bad mood as soon as I arrive at UrbanToronto. It is not welcoming.

Notice on the old blue sample above how your eye is drawn immediately to the unread thread titles. Nothing else is competing for your attention. It is simple. Easy. Calming.

In the new version it is still colour and doodad overload for me. For example, "replies", "views" date and last post name on the 2 right-most columns could maybe be in a grey that's just ever so slightly darker than the grey background. They are useful bits of info, but only to those who want to know it and therefore are easy to find at a glance without forcing my eye there when i don't want to look there.

I echo auratic's post on the previous page as well. If he signed up just to comment on the re-design after lurking here for ages then perhaps there's something to his post.

--

Also, I'm still getting some page views with post after post being buried underneath the other posts...

Last edited:
The most obvious improvement is the blue over the red. I don't really care about the other differences to be honest.

^Your statement is confusing. Do you mean you prefer the old blue colour or the new red colour?

uhhh what was confusing about that? Obvious improvement = blue over red.

Your statement is still not clear as it can be read two ways.
Do you mean that it would be an improvement if the blue replaced the red again?

I think we've all said a million times, from personal and professional design opinions, that red is a bad colour choice.

We want the blue back. And I'm still confused why we haven't heard any updates about when the banner will be replaced, etc. etc... The forum changes were not final, we were told... but it seems that way. :(

Last edited:
And fixed...

urbantorontocaheader.jpg

by me (SP!RE / andrewharv) using the Toronto skyline icon from the old urbantoronto

Last edited:
um, as i was saying :p...
i like that gray banner! very simple and elegant, really shows off the beauty of the font....

Back