Attachments

• public art.jpg
    public art.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 284

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-14_21-16-28.png
    upload_2017-5-14_21-16-28.png
    390.9 KB · Views: 411
So at CPC next week, there is an interesting item. A land use change to allow a 6 storey building in the SW corner of 34th Ave and 20th Street SW in Marda Loop. It is just the land use going to CPC, but there is a concurrent DP and it is attached as an appendix in the report. The rendering and a few other DP drawings start on page 361 of 486:
http://www.calgary.ca/PDA/pd/Documents/calgary_planning_commission/agenda/2017/agenda-cpc-may-18.pdf

View attachment 108474
Reminds me of Lido.

Reminds me of Lido.
You are right, it does. My only caution would be this is the Strategic Group I think, and while they are great for getting projects completed and built, the quality of finishes hasn't been on par with Lido in my opinion. Still, this design looks like their best one yet, so here's hoping for a great outcome.

You are right, it does. My only caution would be this is the Strategic Group I think, and while they are great for getting projects completed and built, the quality of finishes hasn't been on par with Lido in my opinion. Still, this design looks like their best one yet, so here's hoping for a great outcome.
I attended a Strategic Group function a couple of weeks ago. The intent is to 'up their game' on this project from their standard at least with the interior finishes. It is still a rental project but they believe the location makes for a more upscale rental.

That's great to hear. I think neighborhoods like Marda loop deserve better design than some of the other areas around town like 14th St. and 16th Ave where Strategic's other project is.
I attended a Strategic Group function a couple of weeks ago. The intent is to 'up their game' on this project from their standard at least with the interior finishes. It is still a rental project but they believe the location makes for a more upscale rental.

Back