News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Affordable housing project in Bridgeland is almost complete. I'm not sure what it is exactly but there's something about this project that really appeals to me.
2017 May 5 564.JPG
2017 May 5 565.JPG
2017 May 5 566.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 May 5 564.JPG
    2017 May 5 564.JPG
    650.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 2017 May 5 565.JPG
    2017 May 5 565.JPG
    602.8 KB · Views: 223
  • 2017 May 5 566.JPG
    2017 May 5 566.JPG
    548.8 KB · Views: 243
Can you imagine that by the end of summer, two more cranes will join that view? The Hat should get its crane up and going by then, and apparently M2 Block isn't doing any excavation so it'll just go straight to crane once construction gets moving :)

Has the plan for M2 changed? I though that CMLC was going to be building and operating a parkade there before selling it to the developer once the building is complete.

A bit busy with 4 different colours, but not the worst I've. Not bad for affordable housing.

That depends. It's not bad for private affordable housing. It's not good if Calgary Housing Corporation is behind it.

Has the plan for M2 changed? I though that CMLC was going to be building and operating a parkade there before selling it to the developer once the building is complete.

I thought M2 was dead so this makes sense.

From what a good friend high up in the planning community told me, as well as people in the EV Experience Centre, M2 is most certainly not dead, and it's not going to have a parkade. I think you're thinking of Alt Hotel. CMLC is building that parkade. They're projecting a 12-month buildout for the 4 storey M2 structure.

From what a good friend high up in the planning community told me, as well as people in the EV Experience Centre, M2 is most certainly not dead, and it's not going to have a parkade. I think you're thinking of Alt Hotel. CMLC is building that parkade. They're projecting a 12-month buildout for the 4 storey M2 structure.
I would really like to see M2 go ahead.

McKinley Burkart has submitted applications for both DP, and Land Use for a parcel on 14th street and 30th ave. They are looking to change it to accommodate a 4 storey (15m) medical office, with retail/resto at grade. It would be nice to see this lot developed and with McKinley designing it, it should be something half decent.
Image12.jpg

Attachments

• Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Back