News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Here's an older update from @Da_Master completed different glazing. I like the way the older glazing had fritting that gave it an elelment of depth and curves, but the new glazing maybe goes better with the building as a whole.
Todays update from Encana Place:

35332185814_c166b01f49_b.jpg

Not sure if anyone's talked about this ... but Hopewell Residential is converting a 43 acre farm in Arbour Lake in the NW into houses and condos. Being someone who walks down the east side of this land regularly, I'll miss the horses and little patch of nature surrounded by city.
I'm not sure how residents in surrounding houses and condos will like it either, as they paid premiums to get a view and to be backed onto a farm. Now there's going to be new condos and houses, likely driving their house value down.
Environmentally as well, not sure if there's wetlands in that region but if there is, that could be an issue.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
http://www.hopewellarbourlake.ca/about-the-project/

The wet lands aren't permanent features so they are owned by the land owner, not the crown if the maps from SPIN and the Energy Regulator are to be trusted.

Not sure if anyone's talked about this ... but Hopewell Residential is converting a 43 acre farm in Arbour Lake in the NW into houses and condos. Being someone who walks down the east side of this land regularly, I'll miss the horses and little patch of nature surrounded by city.
I'm not sure how residents in surrounding houses and condos will like it either, as they paid premiums to get a view and to be backed onto a farm. Now there's going to be new condos and houses, likely driving their house value down.
Environmentally as well, not sure if there's wetlands in that region but if there is, that could be an issue.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
http://www.hopewellarbourlake.ca/about-the-project/
I don't think it was/is realistic to expect that to remain a farm forever. And based on the existing grades, it doesn't look like many of the condos to the north will have their views blocked, as they already sit substantially higher than the land in question, and it is just single family homes proposed along the north edge.

[sarcasm]My heart weeps for suburbanites who bought greenfield development under the assumption that surely the rest of the rural landscape would remain untouched[/sarcasm]

The Holiday Inn down by my work at Blackfoot, south of Heritage Drive has finally started applying the final layer - yay! They picked a crappy color - boo!

Holiday Inn Painting IMG_2198
by ferreth, on Flickr

To be fair, the look might improve slightly as it looks like it needs a second coat of paint. While they have been building on this hotel all summer, it has been a slow go. For instance, they paved half the lot about two weeks ago, then have just left the rest since then. At the rate they are going, they might just finish painting before hard frost hits.

Also, the Jack-Carter Caddy dealer has started digging a hole. I see some signs the Ferrari dealer might be starting on the south building, but I'm not certain yet. Atco is still digging at it's pipeline to the south of that.

Over in the SW, most of Richmond Square (NE corner of Sarcee Tr & Richmond Rd SW) has been gutted and it looks like Save-on-Foods will be moving in. The steel is a dead giveaway. This would be the first grocery store in this location since Safeway left to their new store at WestHills in the early 90s. Safeway used to be in the Home Outfitters space in the background back in the day.

36801272136_52419f129e_c.jpg

Thanks for these updates on sites outside of the core. It's always nice to see what's happening around the city.

Yeah, an office building is out if the question. Even residential seems out of the question. She said a gorgeous building, so not necessarily a high rise. No idea what it could be.

Back