News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Just saw on Reddit that Take 5 is closing up shop on September 22. So go get your donuts before they're gone!

e1ed1ec7c8a7bd20efe9184097934da2.gif

The Board N Brew Cafe on 103 St south of 100 Ave is now permanently closed.
One of those places I used to go all of the time, and did good business, but I don't think I've been to a board game cafe since COVID came along. Not sure there's really a way to make that kind of venue safe without some serious ventilation.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but it seems Furusato has closed. I'm not shocked since they did virtually nothing to promote the place and it always looked closed from the outside, but I will greatly miss their spicy tuna temaki. The best in the city, they were.
They'd been around since the 1990s, hadn't they? I wonder if it's some kind of retirement with lack of succession case.

Just saw on Reddit that Take 5 is closing up shop on September 22. So go get your donuts before they're gone!
Ahhh, I remember bringing my brother and his girlfriend in there to get a dozen back when I lived in the neighbourhood. The usual crowd of older dudes were there with their coffee and conversation, and the girlfriend stopped, looked at me and remarked, "I kind of feel like I have to be some kind of war veteran to come in here."

Back