News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Took a couple photos of the changes happening to the Coffee shop scene in and around the Highlands Area. The closure of some old classic standbys and some new players hopefully coming soon.

Nuestra is pretty much ready to open in the old "Plutonic Granite" space, sounds like they are mostly waiting for permits. Beyond excited for this one to open!
PXL_20241003_165947408.jpg

The new owners of the Mandolin Cafe locations have wasted no time in starting work, the space is being gutted. Word in the community is its the Candid Coffee Roasters folks who are behind this, but I have no first hand knowledge and its just rumor at this point.
PXL_20241003_170429027.jpg

Lastly, Take 5 is all boarded up. Big loss for the local senior's community.
PXL_20241003_170936928.jpg

Nuestra has a nice location just across the street from Borden Park (112 Ave and76 St).

I can't help but wonder how many people will boycott Candid Coffee Roasters over the Mandolin Books debacle. They may not have been directly involved but they could be a target.

Nuestra has a nice location just across the street from Borden Park (112 Ave and76 St).

I can't help but wonder how many people will boycott Candid Coffee Roasters over the Mandolin Books debacle. They may not have been directly involved but they could be a target.
Nuestra's location is sweet, should get a good boost from Concordia as well. If Felice's success is any indication there is lots of demand in this area of town.

I was chatting with a few locals, if it is indeed another coffee shop moving into the Mandolin space likely a bunch of people will stay away for awhile, but then if the coffee is good people will get over it fairly quickly. The coffee fix cannot be easily denied.

Back