News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

...and often sourced from the same "Ontario Food Terminal." I have my doubts about that market's authenticity

Inside the building, I reserve a carrot cake every week from that baker on the west side ( who is from in-town ), sometimes get sausages from those people at the south east corner, have bought veggies from many of the vendors, and pick up maple syrup for my Mum in England. The wild blueberries are very good no matter who sells them.

There's a different sort of sidewalk etiquette inside the building. People are slightly less ruthless.

The market's always a case of know your vendor. I only buy the organic produce, because I've talked to those vendors and feel I can trust them to be selling organic stuff. The Dominon doesn't carry anything organic that I know of.

There is a good baker on the east side that has sweet potato, oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies that are to die for.

Talking of to die for, the woman on the lower east side of the building, near the door, carries a delicious German Bienenstich cake in the winter months when it won't melt.

"How can a driver not see that, directly in front of him or her, the traffic is completely stopped and there is no chance of clearing the intersection before the light changes? If they can't see something so obvious, they shouldn't be driving."

The fact is that sometimes you can't tell. Any driver would know this.

1st Example: You're second in line behind an SUV when the light turns green. The SUV lurches ahead and you follow.

2nd example: You see that you have room - barely - but some jerk turns right on the red taking your spot.

My point is that we're not supposed to focus on making everyone PAY for their mistakes. When I'm a pedestrian I always let the car edge through the intersection if I possibly can.

Your examples are valid, but applicable in very few instances. The rest of the time it's as a result of stupid, selfish drivers trying to weasel their way into the intersection. I'm a driver as well, by the way.

Back