News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Relocating the existing Oshawa GO Station to the north of Highway 401 must improve customer experience by placing the station closer to more of the population that uses it. Unfortunately, it appears that a convenient transfer between GO and VIA services must be sacrificed to make it happen.
Ah, an interesting point.

I wonder if it would make sense to move the primary VIA station in the area. Should be just as easy to drive to.

They used to put them all through Guildwood until they started shifting some trains to only stop in Oshawa.

Well, it really wouldn't be a bad idea to reroute both GO and VIA trains to avoid that freight siding (correct term?) at the current Oshawa Station. I haven't traveled out that way that often but, every time that I have, it seems like the VIA train slows down through the area. Perhaps VIA trains could crossover and rejoin CN's line somewhere around the distantly proposed Grandview GO Station, if technically possible.
The CP and CN lines do converge somewhere east of Newcastle, so they could reconnect there ... not sure what it would do the travel times though. You could also join them at Townline Road in Oshawa, though it would be costly, with the 401 to cross.

Probably just simpler to serve Whitby.

Seems logical that passenger trains (Go and Via) should follow similar if not the same routes, serving common stations.
As long as you don't make the intercity service take much longer. If only GO switches, they can still serve common stations from Danforth to Whitby and then again just east of Newcastle. Perhaps even at an Oshawa East station as well, with a simple pedestrian underpass under the 401 (one set of tracks runs along the north side of the highway, and the other runs along the south side

Not sure if this a construction project still ( since there is no actual construction anymore) but does anyone know when the south platform/track @ Brampton opens?

Not sure if this a construction project still ( since there is no actual construction anymore) but does anyone know when the south platform/track @ Brampton opens?

When the elevator is in service. It was not ready on Oct 1 when I saw it last

Erindale GO parking structure to be completed November 2012. Source: this billboard at Erindale GO:
181226792.jpg

No, construction has not yet started.

What I find interesting is that it'll be built into the ground there....and have an entrance off Burnhamthorpe ... very interesting.

Google Streetview Link: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=6178+Kisby+Dr,+Mississauga,+Peel+Regional+Municipality,+Ontario+L5V+1M5,+Canada&ll=43.566345,-79.665492&spn=0.003871,0.012306&t=h&z=17&layer=c&cbll=43.566646,-79.66625&panoid=Wtdh72pMN03I80Wmr-ygrA&cbp=12,350.21,,0,-7.87

Last edited:
The way that website works is that it gives you permission to see the picture as you click the links to get there. Nobody else can see it attached in this thread because the permission hasn't been given to us.

Back