News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Was on the GO bus passing by the bridge construction going on the LSW line today. Sorry about the blur.
IMG_20181125_123606.jpg

Metrolinx hasn't a clue about warning pedestrian that Windameer was closed at the bridge for both sidewalks this weekend and you have to hoof it a block east to the next underpass to go north/south and then west to get to where you wanted to go. Signs and police telling traffic what to do, but not one thing telling pedestrian what to do. Saw a number of people trying going south and they asked me how to get to the south and told them how.

Had a quick look Sunday and piles of stone in the middle of the road on the south side of the bridge that had been removed from the bridge. Large trucks with new gravel parked on the Queensway that was to be place on the bridge which was seeing concrete ties replacing the wooden ties and other work. Welders were working on the underside of the bridge a week or two ago.

New ties being place on all the bridges at one bridge at a time. Material place at other bridges, with work taking place at Parkside outside of the weekend for concrete work.

I'd like to know the length of the Kennedy GO platform, is anyone able to advise?

Also, with the addition of the second Stouffville track, does this mean that Kennedy GO will switch to an island platform?

Thank you.
I think it's either set up for 6 or 12 car trains. Although right now with all of the construction it's kind of chopped up right now.

I'd like to know the length of the Kennedy GO platform, is anyone able to advise?

Also, with the addition of the second Stouffville track, does this mean that Kennedy GO will switch to an island platform?

Thank you.

Kennedy GO is about the same length as just about every other platform on the GO system - about 1100 feet.

The first platform will remain, and a second side platform will be built on the TTC station's property.

Dan
Toronto Ont.

Weston Sub At Eglinton

OVERNIGHT WORK - GO TRANSIT TRACK RELOCATION

What Work is Taking Place?
  • Crews will be working in the rail corridor constructing the GO Transit diversion track to the east of their current position. Work will begin as early as mid-December 2018 for approximately 4-6 weeks. Overnight and weekend work will be required to complete this phase of work. Diversion track construction work involves grading the existing ground, relocating the existing track panels, saw-cutting and drilling rail, as well as surfacing, ballast placement/regulating, and thermite welding. Portions of the work will require compaction by means of mechanical roller causing vibrations.
Timing
  • Beginning as early as mid-December 2018 for approximately 4-6 weeks. In addition to normal working hours, overnight work (7pm-5am), and weekend work will be required.
  • Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.

Last edited:
There was a mention of a new grade separation at Scarboro Junction at last night's town hall. I posted it in the Metrolinx (other) thread but thought I'd cross post it to here as well:

https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/metrolinx-other-items-catch-all.27710/page-43

I’m betting trench, because the overpass at Kennedy constrains an overhead solution. Putting the works west of Kennedy would keep it away from the current interlocking, which would ease construction greatly. Just a bit of back of napkin speculation.

- Paul

I’m betting trench, because the overpass at Kennedy constrains an overhead solution. Putting the works west of Kennedy would keep it away from the current interlocking, which would ease construction greatly. Just a bit of back of napkin speculation.

- Paul

Any choice here must impact on how they handle the crossing at Danforth/Midland also, must it not?

1) Those big-ass budget numbers dating from the Wynne era are still being used - which is perplexing. Gutsy? Naive? Out of the loop?
2) The writeup for the Kitchener sure reads like ML expects lots of studying, deliberating, EA’ing, and procuring before shovels hit the ground. ML is still back at hiring an advisor to start generating options.....ulp.
3) Confederation Station is a ‘tender’ and not a RFP/RFQ. Curious.

- Paul

Back