News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Since GO seems to be taking delivery of the final ones quite quickly now (201 was delivered less than a month ago), and there are only a very few left to still be delivered back to GO, I’d expect soon we will see GO finally start using them in some sort of fashion. Though who knows

IMG_7761.jpeg
In an ironic twist of fate

202 placed in front of a Series 10 cab car at Willowbrook

View attachment 540011In an ironic twist of fate

202 placed in front of a Series 10 cab car at Willowbrook
Hmm, curiouser and curiouser...
Since GO seems to be taking delivery of the final ones quite quickly now (201 was delivered less than a month ago), and there are only a very few left to still be delivered back to GO, I’d expect soon we will see GO finally start using them in some sort of fashion. Though who knows
It definitely appears like they have some sort of plan for all these cab cars, but then again this is the same agency that built new tunnels under the 401 for the Kitchener line and then left them unused for nearly a decade.

Hmm, curiouser and curiouser...

It definitely appears like they have some sort of plan for all these cab cars, but then again this is the same agency that built new tunnels under the 401 for the Kitchener line and then left them unused for nearly a decade.
But even if the tunnels are in use the bridge before the 401 cannot handle more tracks so what's the point?

Do they at least run power to the cars every now and again? I hope the electrical systems on those cars will work if some have been parked out there for more than a year...

Do they at least run power to the cars every now and again? I hope the electrical systems on those cars will work if some have been parked out there for more than a year...
Just a reminder that GO has been operating these coaches for 47 years, I’m sure they know how to correctly handle and take care of sidelined equipment, it’s in their best interest to keep them in good condition too

Last edited:
Just a reminder that GO has been operating these coaches for 47 years, I’m sure they know how to correctly handle and take care of sidelined equipment, it’s in their best interest to keep them in good condition too
In theory sure, but in practice it could be very different.

In my hometown of Bratislava there was an entire mini fleet of trams (12 cars) that were out of service during the second wave of pandemic lockdowns (January - May 2021) that were hitherto very reliable, but since they came back they've had to be reduced to morning rush hour only operations because they break down a lot. I guess no thought to turn them on or take them for a jaunt at any point over those 5 months. And this was a professional transit agency that had been running those trams for almost 30 years.

Now granted, a tram is much more complex than a coach and a lot more can go wrong, but my point is, just because GO has a history with them, doesn't necessarily mean they'll make the right decisions at all times. Remember that those cars were not stored indoors, they were subjected to rain, heat, snow, and multiple freeze-thaw cycles. If they had to be taken out of service the very first days because things went wrong I would not find it remotely surprising, and entirely on brand for Metrolinx.

When I checked 204 a few days ago in that OOS line, I saw one of it's disc brakes were rusty.

Noticed that a lot with out of service coaches, those brakes will get rusty very quickly if not moved often from what I've heard.

Last edited:
When I checked 204 a few days ago in that OOS line, I think one of it's disc brakes were rusty.

Noticed that a lot with out of service coaches, those brakes will get rusty very quickly if not moved often from what I've heard.
That's how you judge the condition of the coaches? Have you ever parked your car outside for a week? The same thing can happen.

That's how you judge the condition of the coaches? Have you ever parked your car outside for a week? The same thing can happen.
I put new breaks on my car 2 years ago. I liked how clean they looked when I picked it up from the mechanic. Within a week they were already rusted right up. Mechanic told me that's normal.

Back