News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

205 has now been delivered back to GO, also to note I did not see any other refurbished cab cars outside at Willowbrook (except 202)
IMG_7871.jpeg

The midnight GO train to Niagara falls, does this train layover in Niagara untill the morning? Or does it dead head to Hamilton?

Does the shore power at Niagara support GO voltage?

The midnight GO train to Niagara falls, does this train layover in Niagara untill the morning? Or does it dead head to Hamilton?

Does the shore power at Niagara support GO voltage?
I’m 99% sure it deadheads back to Lewis Yard In Hamilton, someone correct me if I’m wrong. Metrolinx intends to build a layover space for a single train in Niagara Falls, procurement should happen this year. I’m sure that would include shore power.

So is there wayside power in the yard? Or does it idle until the morning trip ? And then the crew takes a Van back to Willowbrook?
Crew vans back, there is wayside power in all layover yards including Lewis Road, as well as the UP Express service track, and Hamilton’s platform:
You_Doodle+_2023-10-11T14_20_38Z.jpeg

(Note that this map includes all current and future yards, I should have made a disclaimer for which ones don’t exist yet but I didn’t think of that at the time)

Did you happen to see the 9 or so refurbished cab cars parked at one of the Willowbrook tracks near the canopy?

No. In the case of 202, as the sun would have been against me, I didn't bother to cross the street.

205 was seen from the business plaza by Kipling and New Toronto and I didn't go up to Islington that time.

when they raise the platforms for level boarding how complex of a job would it be to convert the door step to match the platform heights?

when they raise the platforms for level boarding how complex of a job would it be to convert the door step to match the platform heights?
Not complex at all. There is a step bolted to the outside of the car just below the door threshold. It would have to be replaced with a new one mounted higher - and in line with the door threshold.

Dan

Not complex at all. There is a step bolted to the outside of the car just below the door threshold. It would have to be replaced with a new one mounted higher - and in line with the door threshold.

Dan
INB4 they bungle it up a la ArriveCan App style lol 🤣

Back