News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Via a post on Facebook.

Tier 4 MP40PHT-T4AC has graduated from the Enhanced Performance program. It is running on its own today (November 24th) for the first time since it was delivered in February 2018. The only other Tier 4 unit to run on its own so far was MP54 prototype GO 647 when it was running dynamic tests in 2016 and 2017. The results of thoses tests were integrated into the MP40PHT-T4AC units that were in production in Boise at the time.Here is GO 669 departing Oshawa with six car GO 380 west, and notice3 [sic] that the whole consist is in the new Metrolinx paint scheme. The engineer was throttling up as it passed me at the end of the platform and you could hear the distinctive whine of the AC traction motors. It accelerated its train very quickly up to track speed and it will be interesting to see what unit comes next. I have no indication as to whether 647 will be upgraded and put into revenue service.
John Jeffery photos
Canadian Railway Observations.

20201124_153916.jpg

Via a post on Facebook.

View attachment 284936

Ahh yes, the bastion of journalism that is CRO.....

As usual, John is incorrect about one thing - every single MP54AC has operated on its own for testing, and most of them have operated in service on their own.

I would love to know what the 0-60 mph is on this with a 6 car.

If only one of the engines is running - as it is supposed to be the case with only six cars trailing - it should be pretty comparable to an F59PH even though there's about 500 horsies less at the rails.

Dan

Seeing 645 and 611 mu together pushing a 6 car train today was very odd.

Haven't seen any single MP54AC yet. Been some time since I seen an F59PH and the last one was on the Milton Run.

'tis.

Dan
While not visibly obvious from the photo except for the unit number (201), this would be one of the old school control cab cars. When it is refurbished, will it maintain its control cab cabability , or will it be reconfigured into an all passenger car? If it were to become an all passenger car, would it keep its original unit number, or be renumbered into the passenger car numbering series?

While not visibly obvious from the photo except for the unit number (201), this would be one of the old school control cab cars. When it is refurbished, will it maintain its control cab cabability , or will it be reconfigured into an all passenger car? If it were to become an all passenger car, would it keep its original unit number, or be renumbered into the passenger car numbering series?
The cab cars will become standard coaches with all controls strip out and replace with more seats. Cars will retain the same numbers like any refurbished car as far as I know and stand to be corrected.

Back