News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

My guess: Kitchener will be first as far as Bramalea presumably because Weston will stamp its NDP-Liberal swinging foot if it isn't, plus they will have UPX substations in place. I would say Stouffville next because Metrolinx own it and Bramalea services could run through. The question is when Richmond Hill will go given CN are likely to be a tough sell on their transcon - Metrolinx don't even run buses on that line at weekends. Maybe Barrie will be held back until the grade separation is done with CP North Toronto?

My guess: Kitchener will be first as far as Bramalea presumably because Weston will stamp its NDP-Liberal swinging foot if it isn't, plus they will have UPX substations in place. I would say Stouffville next because Metrolinx own it and Bramalea services could run through. The question is when Richmond Hill will go given CN are likely to be a tough sell on their transcon - Metrolinx don't even run buses on that line at weekends. Maybe Barrie will be held back until the grade separation is done with CP North Toronto?

His other promise of Electric HSR between London-KW-Toronto within 8 years would suggest that when KW line starts to electrify it would not be a partial project out to Bramalea only.

His other promise of Electric HSR between London-KW-Toronto within 8 years would suggest that when KW line starts to electrify it would not be a partial project out to Bramalea only.
I don't put much stock in that promise. It says more about London and KW as political battlegrounds than any likelihood of it happening.

I don't put much stock in that promise. It says more about London and KW as political battlegrounds than any likelihood of it happening.

So you, like me, accept that not all of Mr. Murray's transit promises are actually intended to become transit line?

The question about re-assigning the equipment was in response to Mr Murray's statement that the LS would be electrified and operating on 15 minute schedule by 2017/2018....it seemed like a fair question......rather than have the other lines wait for all day service until electrification....use the now superfluous diesel equipment elsewhere.

As for the shortage of crews, you and I have had this discussion before and never ceases to amaze me how crews always seem available to increase service levels on the LS lines and appear to be again (if service levels are to be doubled again in 2017 or 2018) but the crew shortage issue comes up when discussing all day service on other lines. ;)
They won't be using more people to get down town 15 minutes. That is one more train per hour.
Firstly, I did not hide or deny that he said it in the tweet.....it is something he has been saying since the pre-budget leak.....but this "announced" schedule confirms what some (including I) had feared....that outside of the LS, no one can really be "guaranteed" all day service by re-electing this government.

In my twitter exchange with him tonight he said that KW line would be the second one electrified.....so I asked when that would start....and there was no reply. So, he is confident enough to state the completion date of the LS electrificaiton and the commencement of 15 minute service.....but can't/won't comment on the start date of the next one?

There is a schedule for it and I have the timeline too. Murray just says whatever all the time. It looks like Kitchener will come after. 2 more trains next year and then all day service down the line.

Thanks for in the info. 15 min electric trains on Lakeshore by 2017 already seems pretty damn great to me.

Especially if they use the sleek cool European style regional trains. Great news for Burlington, Oakville, south Mississauga, south Etobicoke.
Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Clarington :)

They won't be using more people to get down town 15 minutes. That is one more train per hour.

maybe its a quirk in how trains are scheduled and I always defer to higher knowledge levels of most posters here but it would seem to me that a train every half hour is 2 per hour and a train every 15 minutes is 4 trains per hour....in each direction.

Thanks for in the info. 15 min electric trains on Lakeshore by 2017 already seems pretty damn great to me.

Especially if they use the sleek cool European style regional trains. Great news for Burlington, Oakville, south Mississauga, south Etobicoke.

with no more gas plants to cancel....how else were they gonna get the folks in south Mississauga, South Etobicoke and Oakville to vote for them this time ;)

Whoops forgot about that it also goes east :)
:)
maybe its a quirk in how trains are scheduled and I always defer to higher knowledge levels of most posters here but it would seem to me that a train every half hour is 2 per hour and a train every 15 minutes is 4 trains per hour....in each direction.
lol Murray's fault. 2 more trains it is.

you can run EMU systems using FRA standard equipment, the trains just look really dumb because they are so overbuilt. It doesn't really effect service quality though.

They have the personnel to do it already. Why they haven't is another matter.

Not sure where you got that info from but as of this moment that's not correct. By the end of the year we would have enough crews to run 15 min service on the Lakeshore or all day(low frequency) service on the other lines but then there wouldn't be anyone to run the Milton line(which we are taking over Jan) and the UPX.

Last edited:
Not sure where you got that info from but as of this moment that's not correct. By the end of the year we would have enough crews to run 15 min service on the Lakeshore or all day(low frequency) service on the other lines but then there wouldn't be anyone to run the Milton line(which we are taking over Jan) and the UPX.

Oops, sorry, I was told that by someone at Mimico. Wasn't completely sure, thanks for the correction :)

Back