News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Another model to set the context of Uptown/Crystal Blu... 2 Bloor West

2bw.jpg

Despite the apparent simplicity of the building design, I actually had a hard time modelling this. I experienced some technical difficulty trying to put the right textures onto the building. Here's another model I hope I will never have to revise.

Great complex, wylie. Uptown looks so great and Chicagoish in your renders but I can't help but think that it'll look like poo in real life.

Time to step back from modelling buildings to model another transit vehicle.

T1 Subway Car

t1_2.jpg

Probably my most detailed model ever. So big is the file, in fact, that it can't be placed on Google Earth, and the final version that I have is too big to upload to the 3D Warehouse. Fortunately I uploaded a slightly less perfect version of it onto the Warehouse (one of the windows in the car is blocked in that version). Both the exterior and the interior are rendered (the interior isn't as detail or as well done as the exterior).

... and I've uploaded a pair of 6-car T-1 subway trains (a simplified version of the model shown above). I've also created a fantasy subway station model (somewhat resembling Rosedale Station) to put the trains in.

T1 subway trains w/ subway station

rosedale.jpg

Now you can use the T-1 model to design your fantasy subway stations!

I'd love to see the entire Yonge and Bloor intersection including Uptown!

18 Yorkville

18yv-1.jpg

... and my Bloor-Yorkville skyline so far...

byv.jpg

You can see that I have included the shorter Four Seasons tower in this rendering. I worked on it at the same time that I did the taller tower, but I didn't upload it to Google until now. You can download it here .

That's awesome, wylie. How tall is the taller FS tower? It looks like it'll dominate the neighbourhood.

The height of the model shown above is only 617 ft. Thanks to your question, I had to revise the height to the actual height of 250m or 672 ft. The revised model is being uploaded as I am writing this.

But I think you get the impact this building will have on Yorkville with or without the revision to the model.

Back