News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

gbelan,

The Hummingbird model was quite a challenge, but not as you might imagine. The renderings released the project make the tower look like it tapers into a point or a spire, but after a careful look, my interpretation is that the top of the tower is a straight edge.

The tower facade is also a big challenge. After trying to draw out the facade shown in the rendering, I gave up and simply copied the rendering, tweaked the facade shown in the rendering, and pasted it onto the model. Getting the shape right was a challenge, but not a very big one.

Here's an essential part of your 1930s Toronto skyline...

Commerce Court North

ccn.jpg

i think you should have waited till January to make 115 front street

and its next door neighbour... Crystal Blu

(I apologize for the accuracy. I modelled this using the drawings in the city planning reports as a guide, so the floor count is probably off from what is shown in renderings)

ucb.jpg

Element

ele.jpg

3D Warehouse now has a rating feature for models. Please feel free to rate my models (if you have a Google account).

Is there any chance you could do a Manulife Centre model? I've been really curious to see how Uptown and Crystal Blu would relate to the other towers in that cluster.

Ah, much thanks. I couldn't get it into my head where the two new ones would rise in relation to the lowrise middle section of Manulife. So then, standing on the West side of Bay, looking toward the manulife, will almost give you a direct view of both towers as they go up.

Back