News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

awesome job.how about doing festival tower?ive wondering what its impact from the lake would be like.

Metro Hall

mhl.jpg

and as requested... Festival Tower

fes.jpg

Hi Wylie (or someone else adept at Google Sketch), can someone please do a quick render of the Days Inn across from Encore/The Met. I believe its 23 floors? Even if its a super-crude "box". I'd like to see how it impacts my view from Encore. :) Thanks!!!

pinnacle looks really good^ have you considered drawing uptown or crystal blu ?and how long do these take you to do,i know pinnacle is time consuming because of its size but like
exchange tower or hilton for example.

^ Thanks.

I've basically considered doing every quality high-rise project in Toronto today. Uptown is a building that I'd like to do, but I'm not too familiar with Crystal Blu. You might have noticed that I now have a trend of concentrating on modelling one district/neighbourhood at a time (I'm working on the Financial District/Entertainment District now). However, new high-rise projects remain high on my priority list.

I've already written about the time I take to do these models. On average a building model takes 1-3 hours. Modern glass towers are very easy to do- I can usually finish one in under 2 hours (sometimes even under an hour, in the case of Festival Tower). Older buildings, like Art Deco, and even brutalist towers, take longer to make because I find it tricky sometimes to make windows and other elements of those buildings stay flush with the facade. I'd probably spend 3 hours or more on the more detailed buildings.

Here's a special treat for the transit fans, especially those who live in Scarberia...

Scarborough RT Train

rt2.jpg

Not 100% accurate, or even 99% accurate, but I'm quite happy with it. Due to technical difficulties I wasn't able to add headlights, and the colours seem to be off when you view the model in Sketchup with shadows on.

This model should be viewable in Google Earth. I placed the model on top of a southbound train approaching Lawrence East station that is viewable in Google Earth/Google Maps.

This model shows that Sketchup isn't only for the architecture fans!

EDIT: There seems to be a problem with the orientation of the cars in the train (the driver's cabs in all the car seem to be on the same side of the train). I'll try to have that problem fixed soon, and hopefully also address the colour problem.

Back