News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Some new models...

18 Yonge

18y.jpg

Waterclub Condos (East, South towers)

Waterclub Condos (West tower and parking garage)

wc.jpg

Infinity Condos

inf.jpg

Toronto Star Building

star.jpg

Simcoe Place

sim.jpg

Here you can see Simcoe Place being dwarfed by my Ritz-Carlton and RBC models.

You may or may not notice, but I think I'm starting to get a bit careless with the details on my building models. A sign of bad things to come? I hope not.

Wow Wylie, you've been busy! (While I've been away...)

Google Earth (along with the sat shots on maps.google.com) have been updated for Pearson, and while the new sat shots are from 2005 with much still under construction, they show that your Pier F model as part of new Terminal 1 needs to be lengthened about 50%. If you've got time, please check that area out again!

^ Interestingly enough, there is a bunch of people on Google 3D Warehouse who are obsessed with modelling the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Centre, from different perspectives, different levels of graphic details, etc. I have no idea why people would want to model that.

I don't know how to model an implosion. I haven't mastered how to make clouds of smoke and concrete dust in Sketchup yet.

I really enjoy how these simple models help visualize the relationship between new building projects like the new ritz / rbc block. It would be interesting to see an angle where that block is shown as it relates to the existing CBD

^ I'm trying to set up a view showing the skyline from the harbour from Yonge Street to Cityplace, with the Ritz-Carlton and RBC somewhere in the middle. Problem is, with so many detailed buildings, loading a view like that requires me to leave the computer alone for at least 45 minutes.

45 minutes?!?! I guess that's why impatient me couldn't load more than five buildings at a time. But with all those Harbourfront models, a consolidated view would look awesome.

3D Warehouse's upload was down for two days, and I decided to take a break from modelling buildings.

I was working on this model just when 3D Warehouse went down...

Queen's Quay Terminal

qqt.jpg

(I have to apologize for the "sloppiness" (a common theme for me these days) of this model, such as the lack of setbacks on the top floors. The windows on the west facade might look weird when viewed from certain angles in Sketchup)

With the addition of a Maple Leaf Quay model. I finally feel confident in releasing a rendering of the Toronto skyline from the lake.

Here it is... enjoy!

skyline.jpg

Back