News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

If people are not able to keep their balance near the water or can't navigate steps than they should stick to the sidewalk where they will be "safe".

In fact, the whole lake thing is an accident waiting to happen - let's just fill it in. We obliterated lots of ravines in the 20th century, let's make the 21st the "Century of the Ex-Lake".

I'm assuming he was being sarcastic. Child/idiot proofing the world? I agree with you that it is absurd though.

If people are not able to keep their balance near the water or can't navigate steps than they should stick to the sidewalk where they will be "safe".
But what about the cracks in the sidewalk? They're a deadly trip hazard too. I say stay home, lock the doors, and get under the covers. But then there's the risk of suffocation...

Thats already been dismissed. The deck is too high to get into a canoe or kayak from.

Whether it's been dismissed or not, I don't really care. My point is that was the purpose of this spot on the wavedeck.
According to the email sent out by Waterfront Toronto, they will be doing kayaking and other boating demonstrations. So that will be something to watch for if it can be done or not.

Last edited:
Even if it's not possible there are a couple launching points in very close proximity. In fact, right in front of the Rees Slip there is a lower deck that permits this. Also, across the road at Maple Leaf Quay there is access as well.

August 1st - Simcoe Wavedeck

Great backdrop, and a lucky girl! :)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

That blonde bride-to-be is actually very cute looking. Kinda of cool that their getting their pics taken on the deck. Different I would imagine.

the Simcoe Wavedeck is sure a great photographic backdrop, I too would be interested in that site for wedding photos ... but I did find it a little hard to capture graphically (incorpating people that is) ...

given all the previous discussions on 'safety', just imagine the potential 'risks' involved with high heels and those certain sections with the steep slopes :eek: LOL

the Simcoe Wavedeck is sure a great photographic backdrop, I too would be interested in that site for wedding photos ... but I did find it a little hard to capture graphically (incorpating people that is) ...

given all the previous discussions on 'safety', just imagine the potential 'risks' involved with high heels and those certain sections with the steep slopes :eek: LOL

It wont be to long the city slaps a bylaw against taking event pictures on these wave decks.

I disagree. They should stay near the water and fall in. Charles Darwin will rest peacefully.

Aug 8

Some fish from under Ress Slip official opening today.

The carp did not wanted to be put on display.

IMG_aug-08-09-0001.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0002.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0003.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0004.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0005.jpg

IMG_aug-08-09-0006.jpg

What's the deal with that fake grass stuff that was all over? Whatever it was, it was actually very impressive... at first I thought it was just the most well kept grass I've ever seen in my life. You really have to look closely to realize it isn't real.

If that's the same stuff that's lining BMO field, I really don't see what all the complaining is about.

Thanks for the nice words about the ARTIFICIAL GRASS at the Harbourfront Centre. It is a completely different product than what is BMO or the Roger's Centre. AGLgrass (www.aglgrass.com) is considered the premier product in the industry for looks and quality.

Back