News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Hey folks, am being offered an assignment for this Maple Leaf Square unit, 490 Sq Ft on a very high floor in the high 30's. for $250K. It's small, so would possibly be an investment but any thoughts on floorplan, price, etc? Great project & location

can you provide a larger version?

i can't get the image larger than 3" x 3" so the dimensions aren't visible.

I really think this is a good layout for 490 square feet. Some people might say the hallway is "wasted space", but I think it helps to divide the space nicely and could actually make the place feel bigger.

Despite it appearing in the layout, I think you'll have to give up on a kitchen table in favour of a skinnier island that you can throw a couple of extra chairs around if needed. And that is probably the only way I could picture your living room laid out. But overall I like it a lot...especially how it has a cleary divided bedroom instead of just a "sleeping cove" that you often find with units of this size.

BTW, the music on that MLS site is probably the worst condo site music I've ever heard...and the bar is already pretty low.

Hey folks, am being offered an assignment for this Maple Leaf Square unit, 490 Sq Ft on a very high floor in the high 30's. for $250K. It's small, so would possibly be an investment but any thoughts on floorplan, price, etc? Great project & location

Dude, I would jump on that.

HiRiser said:

It's $255K plus I'd have to pay for assignment and associated closing costs. No locker or parking. You think it's still a good deal?

it's a small but efficient use of space ...

the advantage of having the bedroom in the middle of the suite open to the LR vs some layouts where the bedroom is at the back of the unit divided by a washroom, etc:
1) more natural light filters through
2) unit feels more spacious

does it come with the island/table combo, or is it for illustration purposes?
the kitchen doesn't have much countertop space or storage, but i guess we'll have to assume the pot'l user won't eat/cook there.

the price is good from what i've heard for places there.
what is the assignment cost - is it typical for the buyer to pay that ?
one would have to pay closing costs regardless if it's pre-construction, resale or assignment ...... unless you're referring to development fees.

How much do they want for assignment? You always have to play closing costs.

Here's what I like
a) great project in a developing area in the heart of downtown (good investment)
b) I hate linear kitchens but this is a nice layout
c) Very good price compared to the 1bedrooms that are available right now
d) If you ever needed to rent it out, you'd get top dollar IMO

The one problem with assignments is they ask for a lot of money up front which I think is bullsh1t....

Sorry cdr108, don't have a larget version with me but here's the link to the floorplans it's the Florida Model

http://www.mapleleafsquare.com/residences/flash/main.htm#/floorplans/floorplans_mc/

I assume by florida model you mean "miami". If that is the case, they say 400 sq. ft. which means you are talking about $625/sq. ft and not $510/sq.ft. If the 490 sq. ft includes the balcony, you should not count this in your price per foot and I think that may make the economic viability as an investment a little more questionable.
That said, I think the layout is quite good and even though there is a small hall, it is just that, a small amount of space.
If there is a florida model and I am talking about the wrong plan, I apologize but if not, some of the comments about jumping on the investment may have to be reconsidered if it is 400 vs. 490 sq. ft.
Hope this is of some help.

Dude, I would jump on that.

I agree!! Jump all over that!! low 500's a square foot at MLS is awesome! When that building is occupied those smaller units will be around 650 a foot...

They are 575-625 at London.. MLS kills that building so my estimates may be under

I agree!! Jump all over that!! low 500's a square foot at MLS is awesome! When that building is occupied those smaller units will be around 650 a foot...

They are 575-625 at London.. MLS kills that building so my estimates may be under

Mike,
Did you go to the site and see the floorplan? It talks of "miami" and not florida so I am not sure that it is the same one. Can you direct me to florida or if it is Miami, the plan is 400 sq. ft (I believe the 490 includes the balcony which should not be counted in footage) and would you be advising purchasing given that 400 sq. ft works out to $625/foot to JayBee?

Mike,
Did you go to the site and see the floorplan? It talks of "miami" and not florida so I am not sure that it is the same one. Can you direct me to florida or if it is Miami, the plan is 400 sq. ft (I believe the 490 includes the balcony which should not be counted in footage) and would you be advising purchasing given that 400 sq. ft works out to $625/foot to JayBee?

The Florida floorplan is listed in the 1 bedroom category. I think he is talking about that 490 sq ft 1 bedroom unit, as oppose to the bachelor. Hope that helps!

Dude click on 1 bedroom plans.. its the 3rd one down.. Florida

Great plan, a little wasted space in the hallway but great balcony and living area! and cheap!! He can make $$

Dude click on 1 bedroom plans.. its the 3rd one down.. Florida

Great plan, a little wasted space in the hallway but great balcony and living area! and cheap!! He can make $$

Thanks Mike. Hi Riser, I am sorry for the confusion. My bad.
I agree it is not a bad use of small space. what I like is that it is almost as wide as long compared to the bowling alleys in so many other plans so the space will actually look more livable. In todays market, $510/sq. ft for a high floor not bad at all.

it's a small but efficient use of space ...

the advantage of having the bedroom in the middle of the suite open to the LR vs some layouts where the bedroom is at the back of the unit divided by a washroom, etc:
1) more natural light filters through
2) unit feels more spacious

Yes, plus another advantage is that you're not as close to your hallway door. Hallway noise always seeps into units, and I have no idea how people stay asleep when they have those "bedrooms" right by the door in smaller units like this.

Back