News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Thanks for the feedback, you've all raised some good points. I think I'm gonna go for it, it's quite a sweet deal.

Thanks for the feedback, you've all raised some good points. I think I'm gonna go for it, it's quite a sweet deal.

Look how much this guy wants for the same unit

c-housing-housing-for-sale-NEW-CONDO-AT-UNION-STATION-ACC-MLS-416-498-6578-W0QQAdIdZ180446819

Square footage includes closets, hallways, and stairs. If there is a long hallway in some apartment, that is part of the square footage.

I think those are great. Some people really don't need and/or can't afford much space. I lived for 6 months in a 190 sq.ft. apartment, and I loved it. Its easy to sacrifice living space when you're young and want to live in a neighbourhood thats normally beyond your means.

^Yeah, most enjoyable and efficient apartment I lived in was a SRO in Downtown Eastside Vancouver. Contrary to myths about these places, most of the rooms are in decent shape. Sure, some residents are crazy--especially the alcoholics, as I learned. But 200 SF is totally livable for two.

I think those are great. Some people really don't need and/or can't afford much space. I lived for 6 months in a 190 sq.ft. apartment, and I loved it. Its easy to sacrifice living space when you're young and want to live in a neighbourhood thats normally beyond your means.

You're absolutely correct! Especially when you're young and spending your adventures out and about the city. Having lived in a 400 sf bachelor, I definitely can appreciate small living spaces. Sure, that's twice the size, but I can relate. In fact, for the most part, space is what you make of it. There are far too many people that are proud of owning plenty of square footage, but they don't utilize it well.

But 200 SF is totally livable for two.

i don't know how that's possible unless one has custom made sized fixtures and furniture.

ie. typical bathroom is 8ft x 6ft (if you include walls/plumbing, etc ) so that's 48 SF already;
a good sized closet for storage especially for small spaces should be 2ft x 5ft so that's an additional 10 SF;
even a small linear kitchen measures 2.5ft x 12 ft = 25 SF;
minimum entry hall 3ft x 5ft = 15 SF;
AND let's not forget that measurements are per builder's plan which INCLUDE the thickness of the exterior walls ... let's calcuate at 9" on the theoretical 200 SF (20ft x 10ft space) which is another 45 SF ...

that leaves a luxurious 55 SF (-/+ 5 SF) for living, dining, sleeping, etc... the size of a queen murphy bed system with a bit of leg room.

i'm under the impression many forget that builder's stated SF is not the actual liveable usuable SF.

Last edited:
Agree that 200 sf is a stretch for 2 people.

With a fold out bed, you certainly couldn't work if the other person wants to take a nap. The only way 2 people could live in this space is if it were short term en route to a larger space or a short stay much liking hoteling.

I'm enjoying this thread. A couple of my best years were living in a 350 sq ft studio in grad school, but this might also be because I was getting laid more. Falling asleep at night, it was nice to have all my possessions within this one space. It was cozy. The complication comes when adding a partner, and then pets and kids. Unless you both did a tour as submariners, it can be difficult to stay sane in a small place over long periods. I'll have to try one of those capsule hotels next time I am in Japan.

A couple of my best years were living in a 350 sq ft studio in grad school, but this might also be because I was getting laid more.

Ah, yes, the setup of my bachelor was quite nice... kitchen nearby the love seat which was nearby the bed... a bottle of wine brought over to the sofa which led to the bed... I called it "the conveyor of love". :p

Ah, yes, the setup of my bachelor was quite nice... kitchen nearby the love seat which was nearby the bed... a bottle of wine brought over to the sofa which led to the bed... I called it "the conveyor of love". :p

you should trademark that line, otherwise condo marketers and RE agents will be using that for their next pitch. :)

COMING SOON ... LOVE PADS FROM $99,900

Last edited:

Back