News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

• New and upgraded TTC platforms on Roncesvalles Ave. (Queen St. to Dundas St.)
Has anyone seen if they've completed regrading and restoring the sidewalk pavers yet? Last time I saw the new platforms were done, but challenging to get to since most of the area around them had yet to see work completed.

Has anyone seen if they've completed regrading and restoring the sidewalk pavers yet? Last time I saw the new platforms were done, but challenging to get to since most of the area around them had yet to see work completed.
Not the last time I shot the area and that a few weeks ago.

Reactions: max
I was in the area a couple days ago, they have yet to replace the paving stones around most stops.

• Sad
I believe this was a BIA upgrade that came with the reconstruction back in the late aughts or early '10s. The stones came right up to the platforms. You can see them disassembled in @facepalming_brooklynite's post:
I think that the City rule is that if you use pavers or tiles on a sidewalk, YOU have to fix them. It makes sense - why should the City have to keep hundreds of kinds of tiles in stock for repairs.

I think that the City rule is that if you use pavers or tiles on a sidewalk, YOU have to fix them. It makes sense - why should the City have to keep hundreds of kinds of tiles in stock for repairs.
OK, so is that's what's happening here? Some civic standoff where the TTC/City is waiting for the BIA to produce some pavers and in the meantime there's just a small passageway maintened to each streetcar platform? That's no way to run a city.

Just repair it, send the BIA a bill if you must and just finish a bloody construction project!

OK, so is that's what's happening here? Some civic standoff where the TTC/City is waiting for the BIA to produce some pavers and in the meantime there's just a small passageway maintened to each streetcar platform? That's no way to run a city.

Just repair it, send the BIA a bill if you must and just finish a bloody construction project!
I understand (and share) your annoyance but if the BIA (or a building owner) ordered some fancy-schmatzy pavers the City will doubtless not know what they were or how to get them. Same problem happens when a building wants 'fancy sidewalks' and you see lots in downtown.

I understand (and share) your annoyance but if the BIA (or a building owner) ordered some fancy-schmatzy pavers the City will doubtless not know what they were or how to get them. Same problem happens when a building wants 'fancy sidewalks' and you see lots in downtown.
So I was by recently and the pavers look to be onsite, at each stop at least 3 pallets of them. I remembered that I'd seen some lying around but wasn't absolutely sure if I was remembering that correctly. Also, it seemed like the reason they hadn't been laid is that when the new platforms went in the height had changed, or maybe everything had sunk from before so I think they have regrading work to do, I wish they'd get on with it.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't have a lot of patience with further excuses on this project. This was work that was supposed to be done while KQQR and Roncesvalles North gate construction closed transit access from the south. They had 7 months! If they had stuck to getting it done when scheduled, all of these delays with sourcing materials and site conditions would have been dealt with when no one was trying to use any of these platforms. As far as I'm concerned, the work not being complete is a problem, someone needs to take ownership of it and get it resolved because at this point it seems like everyone is too busy pointing at someone else instead of getting work done.

So I was by recently and the pavers look to be onsite, at each stop at least 3 pallets of them. I remembered that I'd seen some lying around but wasn't absolutely sure if I was remembering that correctly. Also, it seemed like the reason they hadn't been laid is that when the new platforms went in the height had changed, or maybe everything had sunk from before so I think they have regrading work to do, I wish they'd get on with it.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't have a lot of patience with further excuses on this project. This was work that was supposed to be done while KQQR and Roncesvalles North gate construction closed transit access from the south. They had 7 months! If they had stuck to getting it done when scheduled, all of these delays with sourcing materials and site conditions would have been dealt with when no one was trying to use any of these platforms. As far as I'm concerned, the work not being complete is a problem, someone needs to take ownership of it and get it resolved because at this point it seems like everyone is too busy pointing at someone else instead of getting work done.
I agree, I was not excusing anyone, only trying to explain.

I'm kind of surprised that noone has stolen the pavers yet, but someone has been building little Stonehenge arrangements.
IMG_1053.jpg

Anyone else travel through East down Queensway to Queen and the amount of people that stop at the green light because of the left turn signal is red? I could easily count 1-2x a week every morning.

Anyone else travel through East down Queensway to Queen and the amount of people that stop at the green light because of the left turn signal is red? I could easily count 1-2x a week every morning.

The really odd one is Bloor eastbound at Keele.

- Paul

They are the clueless ones that should not be on the road in the first place

Back