News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
I purchased a unit in Bliss and agree the window coverings are not nice to look at (terrible is a better word). I am hoping the coverings in bliss are better. I was under the impression we would have floor to ceiling glass.

12 January 2010 photo update

From the westside with Bliss, Bohemian Embassy, Westside Lofts, West Harbour City, Water Park City, etc in view:

dsc02698d.jpg

I couldn't help noticing how cheap the windows in this building look compared to Monarch's. Hopefully the finishes look aesthetically better towards the end of the project.

No offense, but I can't imagine anything uglier than the mint/hunter green spandrels on Battery Park/Zip/Vibe and while the grey/blue combo going on at Liberty Towers isn't the black/dark blue it was supposed to be and isn't awesome, it's infinitely more palatable. That Monarch project (with the exception of the podiums which I quite like) is a monstrosity.

Also, Bliss will not have floor to ceiling glass and will have the same type of spandrels (as all condos, except curtain wall ones, do) perhaps in yet another colour. Let's hope that at least they match. The accuracy of CanAlfa towards it's renderings/models is only running about 80% now. It so sucks that as purchasers, we have absolutely no rights when it comes to design accuracy and we're left at the mercy of developers.

Last edited:
I made reference to Monarch in terms of the quality of the windows not the colour.

The window panes in the Tower project are broken, which makes me wonder if they are using good quality windows. I haven't seen any other project with so many broken glass in the windows. Also I'm concerned that they might not be using double glazed window.

I'll just have to wait and see if they prove me wrong.

Last edited:
I made reference to Monarch in terms of the quality of the windows not the colour.

The window panes in the Tower project are broken, which makes me wonder if they are using good quality windows. I haven't seen any other project with so many broken glass in the windows. Also I'm concerned that they might not be using double glazed window.

I'll just have to wait and see if they prove me wrong.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. :( But I think you might be misunderstanding what you're seeing. The plywood in the spandrels aren't broken window panes, they are the spaces where operable windows will be installed, and that happens after the spandrels. The windows are double glazed.

Last edited:
It's great to hear that the windows are double paned because, I was in LV today and the Via train went by...

OMG it was loud!!

The bottom third of the window's are covered in grey. Is this being done for the first several floors or will it be consistent for all floors?

None of the floors has floor to ceiling windows and there will be a short solid wall at all windows (except balcony i think) approximately 2 feet high. If you'd like to get a feeling for it, check out the 2 bedroom model suite as it's bedrooms and living room have this. As for the colour - some will be grey, some will be blue, some will be the charcoal coloured brick. Check out the rendering/model for exact locations.

thanks simuls. I went to the website and noticed the wall on the Liberty Towers website. On the Bliss site, there is no such wall just windows from the floor to ceiling. Anyone know if Bliss will have the 2ft wall like Liberty Towers?

Roof assembly

I wonder how much longer before the roof assembly is complete. I don't even know what it should look like when it's almost finished (i.e without the slopped roof part)

January 23 2009 update

View from Strachan Avenue
Click to Enlarge

Thanks solaris for the new picture.
I noticed there are two little structures on the roof. Are those the elevators? Does anyone know what they are? What else is part of the roof assembly?

Ya, based on their location I would say some part of the elevator shaft/system... If you look at their position compared to the wall which goes all the way down on every floor (the back of the elevator I believe) I'd say it is...

I'm not sure whats all included nor what constitutes "complete" but I would assume enclosing it and the roof slant are all considered to be part of the roof assembly... Would be a few months before they complete all that...

Really nice black brick going up on this one.

Am I correct in assuming that the second tower will be built directly east of the one in the picture, and that the massive King West Life triple tower project will be built directly east of that right up against Strachan? Doesn't seem like there's quite enough room for all that...

Back