News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Lake Liberty is getting pretty deep... If they want to finish this project by June 2010, they'll need to start by the end of summer.

I really don't know why they closed the group, the project has been miss managed and people should know and speak frealy if the canalfa has a problem they should get their sh!t together and get the job done....

I believe the group was closed to prevent the builder from seeing what information the group members were sharing (advice from lawyers, etc.) and to keep solicitations and spammers out. It was not closed to keep people from finding out about the problems CanAlfa seems to be having. Everyone in the group knows that urbantoronto exists and there were links to it in the FB group last time I looked. Most other condo projects also have their groups closed. And I think...wisely so.

Sometimes people who have no direct investment in a group or project can adversely affect the group dynamics of something like a condo building with crass and non-helpful commentary.

Some people, on here as well, seem to forget that while each project has its merits/demerits, for most of the people who've bought, it symbolizes a commitment they've made, a choice they've thought carefully about, and their hopes and dreams for the future...it's not just one of several investments they have and means a lot to them financially and more importantly, emotionally. So when an outsider trashes that condo, it becomes personal.

It's one thing to have a frank discussion on this site - that's what it's for. But FB groups are specifically created to foster a sense of community and connect people who have something in common.

Sometimes people who have no direct investment in a group or project can adversely affect the group dynamics of something like a condo building with crass and non-helpful commentary.

I couldn't have said it better! :)

with the Carabana rain, and the soaking we got today, Lake Liberty has got WAY worse then the pictures posted above. I will try to post some, if I dont can you take some more "current"?

once the fall comes I imagine lots of migrating birds takin' over the lake.

Oh, and forgive the newbie question, but has CanAlfa successfully completed any residential buildings in Toronto to date?
Thanks.

Contacted my real estate agent today. Asked if he heard anything. He hasn't.
He said he is having dinner with the marketing manager tonight. He is bringing him by my restaurant for drinks later so I can pick his head about the project.

Oh, and forgive the newbie question, but has CanAlfa successfully completed any residential buildings in Toronto to date?

Yes... CanAlfa has built many townhomes in the King West area ... but they are notorious for long delays

Oh, that's right. Can't believe I'd forgotten the townhomes. Duh. Has CanAlfa compeleted any residential towers?

Tarzan - any new info from your contact?

They are waiting for financing. Due to credit crunch the banks are very reluctant to provide big money for projects. But Canalfa believes that they
will get it. He tells me that the contract has been awarded to a construction
company and just waiting for the nod from the bank. No time line. I asked him
if cancelling was an option. He replied yes. "Its alway an option." But that doesn't mean that they will do it. He told me that Can alfa owns the land around and in Liberty Vill. and that they are in the business of building. So
they are planning to do just that.I personaly believe that they will build and
we all who have a stake will benefit inthe price increase. They are selling
current units at $410 sq. ft. I told my agent that if anyone wants to sell their unit in the building for the initial price and have a assignment clause in their
contract I will buy the unit. Well... there it is.

Not that I'm thinking of giving up my unit. But it's one thing to give up a unit and getting your money back when they are asking for economic feasibility extension. But I would never sell my unit for the initial price when using my assignment clause. I would never push for anything like $410 sq. ft. But it would be pretty silly just to sell it off for the same price.

New fence... new hopes:

2769007029_d075e3ec22_o.jpg

2769855686_5c8561b2ef_o.jpg

Back