News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Muzzo is trying to weasel his way out of jail time by sounding all remorseful. Sadly, I suspect that the judge will buy it and go easy on him...

Muzzo is trying to weasel his way out of jail time by sounding all remorseful. Sadly, I suspect that the judge will buy it and go easy on him...

'I feel f...ed up' is not an expression of remorse. Ten prior speeding tickets and an expired licence do not 'an accident' make. Having 3 or 4 drinks on a plane after staying up drinking until 3 a.m. is not unavoidable. Regularly driving a Ferrari you claim to drive only once or twice a year for fundraisers is not a sign of honesty.

The Crown is asking for 10-12 years. I think it should be more.

Last edited:
Greenspan wants eight years, but agree that the judge should throw the book at him.

'I feel f...ed up' is not an expression of remorse. Ten prior speeding tickets and an expired licence do not 'an accident' make. Having 3 or 4 drinks on a plane after staying up drinking until 3 a.m. is not unavoidable. Driving home from the airport in a Ferrari you claim to drive only once or twice a year for fundraisers is not a sign of honesty.

Can a judge go above a Crown recommendation? If so, I'd be all for it in this case. Muzzo has earned no leniency.

Muzzo has earned no leniency.
To the extent it's possible, he has.

Muzzo didn't use his millions to get easy bail, but pleaded guilty and presented a suitable statement. Yes, we can assume declining bail opportunities and the statement were contrived strategy by his legal team, but that doesn't mean Muzzo hasn't done all he can to support a request of leniency.

The alternative could have been a quick bail followed by a lavish marriage celebration to his Woodbridge princess and overall telling the world to suck it, and then demand a judge-only trial where his relentless and expert lawyers would fight the admissibility of the breathalyzers, blood tests and arrest process, the reportedly known dangerousness of the intersection and negligence of city planners (the locals had been asking for that junction to be changed due to multiple crashes and close calls), while digging into the record and conduct of the family's driver, the proper use (or lack thereof) and installation of child seats, and lastly questioning the safety of the Dodge Caravan due to side impact related class action lawsuits in the USA.

By the end of that three year trial Muzzo, whom all this time would be out on bail, would likely be convicted of "failure to stop" with a six month conditional sentence. And the victims' family will suffer court appearances for years without any hope of a reasonable sentence or any sense of closure at the end.

Instead he's done pretty much what any normal person would have done had they made such a stupid error. Fess up, own your actions and throw yourself on the court's mercy.

Last edited:
To the extent it's possible, he has.

Muzzo didn't use his millions to get easy bail, but pleaded guilty and presented a suitable statement. Yes, we can assume declining bail opportunities and the statement were contrived strategy by his legal team, but that doesn't mean Muzzo hasn't done all he can to support a request of leniency.

The alternative could have been a quick bail followed by a lavish marriage celebration to his Woodbridge princess and overall telling the world to suck it, and then demand a judge-only trial where his relentless and expert lawyers would fight the admissibility of the breathalyzers, blood tests and arrest process, the reportedly known dangerousness of the intersection and negligence of city planners (the locals had been asking for that junction to be changed due to multiple crashes and close calls), while digging into the record and conduct of the family's driver, the proper use (or lack thereof) and installation of child seats, and lastly questioning the safety of the Dodge Caravan due to side impact related class action lawsuits in the USA.

By the end of that three year trial Muzzo, whom all this time would be out on bail, would likely be convicted of "failure to stop" with a six month conditional sentence. And the victims' family will suffer court appearances for years without any hope of a reasonable sentence or any sense of closure at the end.

Instead he's done pretty much what any normal person would have done had they made such a stupid error. Fess up, own your actions and throw yourself on the court's mercy.
You also thought James Forcillo had a solid case. Sometimes it is just better to admit you made a mistake even if you are not actually remorseful.

You also thought James Forcillo had a solid case. Sometimes it is just better to admit you made a mistake even if you are not actually remorseful.
You say "also" but I don't see the connection.

BTW, the jury's still out, so to speak, on Forcilo. I suggest on appeal he get a free pass. But that's got nothing to do with Muzzo.

'I feel f...ed up' is not an expression of remorse. Ten prior speeding tickets and an expired licence do not 'an accident' make. Having 3 or 4 drinks on a plane after staying up drinking until 3 a.m. is not unavoidable. Regularly driving a Ferrari you claim to drive only once or twice a year for fundraisers is not a sign of honesty.

The issue with the Ferrari is obviously not that he was driving it at the time of the collision, otherwise we would have heard about it (and he probably would have been seriously injured himself), so I have corrected my post.

My friend is a Ferrari mechanic. He estimates that most are rarely driven, because weather (how many days is it not raining, icy, wet, snowing?), their owner's busy lives and the fact that they're service queens, needing hours of service for every few thousand kms...

My friend is a Ferrari mechanic. He estimates that most are rarely driven, because weather (how many days is it not raining, icy, wet, snowing?), their owner's busy lives and the fact that they're service queens, needing hours of service for every few thousand kms...

That's no doubt true, but it's been said he drives it more than just the one or two times a year (for fundraisers, supposedly), which doesn't speak well of his credibility or honesty.

You say "also" but I don't see the connection.

BTW, the jury's still out, so to speak, on Forcilo. I suggest on appeal he get a free pass. But that's got nothing to do with Muzzo.
The connection is that unless you are a high profile lawyer I would prefer to get my legal advice from an expert which I am sure Muzzo did as well. I also highly doubt that the things you think may stick in court, actually would. I also doubt that Muzzo is taking any legal advice which is getting him more jail time than less. I'm not naive to think he's going away for a long time but the idea he was going to walk away is pretty naive as well.

Last edited:
Sounds reasonable - a decade in jail during the prime of your life isn't light punishment, though I am not a fan of allowing individuals with a record of impaired driving causing death to ever drive again - and to do so is something I'd consider as an insult to the victims.

AoD

EDIT - the decadal sentence is reasonable so long as there is no early parole, which I think is abhorrent - the individual does not require "reintegration".

Last edited:

Back