News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Sounds reasonable - a decade in jail during the prime of your life isn't light punishment, though I am not a fan of allowing individuals with a record of impaired driving causing death to ever drive again - and to do so is something I'd consider as an insult to the victims.

AoD
More like 3 or 4 years of actual time in jail. Unless he's a problem convict, which I doubt.

More like 3 or 4 years of actual time in jail. Unless he's a problem convict, which I doubt.
i thought it was typical for someone (anyone) to serve 2/3 of their sentence in jail....so wouldn't the number here be 6 -7 years?

I am not a fan of allowing individuals with a record of impaired driving causing death to ever drive again - and to do so is something I'd consider as an insult to the victims.

I get where you are coming from but if we allow for the possibility of rehabilitation in other areas, not sure that driving should/could be any different. In this case the 12 year ban starts upon release...so if we assume he serves 6 years in jail, then the driving ban is effectively 18 years.....not sure that is an insult, it is a long ban from driving.

i thought it was typical for someone (anyone) to serve 2/3 of their sentence in jail....so wouldn't the number here be 6 -7 years?
Eligible for parole after 1/3 of sentence. Eligible for statutory release after 2/3 unless accused person is deemed an unacceptable risk.

His actual sentence after credit for time served is 9 years and 4 months. So most likely he'll be out in 3 years and a bit. But also eligible to apply for day passes before that (I read somewhere).

I get where you are coming from but if we allow for the possibility of rehabilitation in other areas, not sure that driving should/could be any different. In this case the 12 year ban starts upon release...so if we assume he serves 6 years in jail, then the driving ban is effectively 18 years.....not sure that is an insult, it is a long ban from driving.

The inability to drive is a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things - given the cause and gravity of his crime, I don't see why it is in any way out of proportion.

Also, where it the monetary aspect? I would hope the family sue him in the civil court.

AoD

Last edited:
The 12 year driving ban could mean that he'll have to move to the city of Toronto, away from his current residence in Vaughan. He'll rely more on public transit, taxis, or Uber instead.

The inability to drive is a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things - given the cause and gravity of his crime, I don't see why it is in any way out of proportion.

AoD

In some cases, the inability to drive could be a hardship, hampering one's ability to work, etc.. although I agree with AoD that a ban of this length is not out of proportion given the gravity of this crime. But in these circumstances, Muzzo is wealthy enough to have a driver and car at his beck and call. To him, it truly is a minor inconvenience, and a good reminder of what he's done.

In some cases, the inability to drive could be a hardship, hampering one's ability to work, etc.. although I agree with AoD that a ban of this length is not out of proportion in given the gravity of this crime. But in these circumstances, Muzzo is wealthy enough to have a driver and car at his beck and call. To him, it truly is a minor inconvenience, and a good reminder of what he's done.

Not in his case, and besides, that hardship is the direct result of one's making. I won't be sympathetic to that.

AoD

The 12 year driving ban could mean that he'll have to move to the city of Toronto, away from his current residence in Vaughan. He'll rely more on public transit, taxis, or Uber instead.
Where I live it seems the intoxicated, nearly homeless predominantly ride ebikes. I know several folks who've lost their license for various infractions who now ride ebikes.

As for Muzzo, he'll hire a driver.

Victims' mother describing her children's last moments...
I suspect the mother will miss (in a twisted way) the limelight here. I don't mean to sound cruel or idiotic, but I think she sees the media as a vent, and a means to keep the children alive or at least in the present. As a man, and a dad, I wonder how their father is doing. If I found myself in this position, heaven forbid, I think there's a part of me that would firmly ask my wife not to drag our personal turmoil through the public eye. Men are different perhaps, we mourn in private, or perhaps it's my 45 years age, where we didn't use social media to make our private pains public. I do hope her public mourning will help keep other drunks off the road, or more likely help bystanders stop or report others from drinking and driving.

I'm quite glad that spoiled rich man-child got a worse sentence than I was expecting. He's quite the poster boy for the ugly side of decadence. I only wish he had thousands upon thousands of hours of community service (picking up roadside rubbish seems fitting) added to his sentence. The guy has money enough to call a limo to drive his sorry arse home. Unfortunately, his lit ego prevented him from making such an obvious choice.

I deal with his ilk at work all the time. A lot of the scum of the Earth come with bags of money.

I'm quite glad that spoiled rich man-child got a worse sentence than I was expecting. He's quite the poster boy for the ugly side of decadence. I only wish he had thousands upon thousands of hours of community service (picking up roadside rubbish seems fitting) added to his sentence. The guy has money enough to call a limo to drive his sorry arse home. Unfortunately, his lit ego prevented him from making such an obvious choice.

I deal with his ilk at work all the time. A lot of the scum of the Earth come with bags of money.

Obviously the best learning experience wouldn't be doing jailtime per se - it would be parting with the privilege money offers.

AoD

Last edited:
He should donate at least $150 million or 10% of his total assets (whichever is greater) to MADD as well.

He should learn that money, no matter the amount, cannot purchase the freedom to run over people dead while drunk.

He has the money to invest in a self-driving car (which should be common by the time he leaves prison).

He should donate at least $150 million or 10% of his total assets (whichever is greater) to MADD as well.

He should learn that money, no matter the amount, cannot purchase the freedom to run over people dead while drunk.

He has the money to invest in a self-driving car (which should be common by the time he leaves prison).

He's eligible for parole in 3 years. I doubt he will leaving prison in 10 years sadly.

Back