News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

He should learn that money, no matter the amount, cannot purchase the freedom to run over people dead while drunk.
I don't think money has served him any advantage here. I suppose he had good legal counsel, but he's got the same sentence a pauper would have got for this crime. His sentence is equal to a conviction of manslaughter - akin to a conviction for driving your car without impairment into a schoolyard full of kids. His eligibility for parole is equal to anyone else convicted of DUI or manslaughter.

I don't see where money helped him at all. Instead I see a load of folks who enviously resent the rich for being rich, and revel in the example of one that gets knocked down.

I don't think money has served him any advantage here. I suppose he had good legal counsel, but he's got the same sentence a pauper would have got for this crime. His sentence is equal to a conviction of manslaughter - akin to a conviction for driving your car without impairment into a schoolyard full of kids. His eligibility for parole is equal to anyone else convicted of DUI or manslaughter.

I don't see where money helped him at all. Instead I see a load of folks who enviously resent the rich for being rich, and revel in the example of one that gets knocked down.

On the contrary - he just needed to lay low and be on his best for 3 or so years because he is eligible for parole. The defense laid that scenario out as much - I wouldn't in fact be surprised if that's the gist of his counsel - that his client can't escape a superficially harsh sentence given the public mood and the gravity of his crime - that his best path lays in pleading guilty and doing limited time at which point the public outrage would be minimal, and his life will go on in the same relative cushiness from that point on. Compare and contrast the likely outcome for someone who doesn't have the financial wherewithal having involved in the same crime and what it would have done to one's career and long term financial health. Tell me that being rich doesn't made a difference eh?

AoD

Last edited:
He's eligible for parole in 3 years. I doubt he will leaving prison in 10 years sadly.

His "prison" will likely be a minimum security townhouse complex. And he'll be eligible for day parole during part of those three years. How very disproportionate to the damage this rich brat caused.

To be fair, Mississauga is not renaming the park after someone else entirely, but is merely adding the word "Senior" after the name Muzzo.

It's terribly unfair, but beloved community activists Jackie Pol Pot and Eddie Amin will likely never have anything named after them.

Exactly - it is unfair, but not being recognized is less unfair than the harm done by inadvertently recognizing through association someone that is utterly heinous.

AoD

His "prison" will likely be a minimum security townhouse complex. And he'll be eligible for day parole during part of those three years. How very disproportionate to the damage this rich brat caused.

And he will get his license back after only 12 years. Even though he killed four people while drunk and had a history of driving offences. When is this country going to take drunk driving seriously ?

Well, first we'd have to take driving in general a little more seriously. The ease with which just about anyone can get a licence is a bit unnerving, if you ask this daily driver.

A little bit of a tangent but people always talk about these guilty parties (in this case, Marco Muzzo, but it could be anyone else in his predicament) and how they showed remorse throughout the trial and how they shed tears along with the families of the victims, etc etc...

...but I can't help but feel that those tears are indeed real, except that they are tears for themselves. They are sad and ashamed that they got caught. They are remorseful that they now have to spend time in jail. I don't truly believe that they have seen the light and are now awakened to the true devastation of their actions.

It happens all the time and, forgive me for being such a cynic, but even after these perpetrators do their time, I don't believe that they will live every remaining day of their life thinking about the impact of their actions on the victims but rather about the impact the victim's death has had on their own life.

Back