News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

She strikes me as the "Social Media" Candidate like Norm Kelly was. She wants to build a name for herself without any regard for the people she would be serving.

If she gets elected, expect to find her on Tiktok, Instagram and Facebook promoting her life at City Hall.
I am really concerned that Suman, Parthi, Kevin and maybe Anna will split the vote and she'll sneak in.

Also, can a councillor really stop something in their ward, or just try to?

Also, can a councillor really stop something in their ward, or just try to?

Does she have a 'veto' ? No.

On most ward-specific issues would she have deference from City Council? Yes.

Though that is not always the case.

In Respect of Malika Ghous..........

Have a look at her CV:

Uh huh.

Have a look at her CV:

Uh huh.
Wow.

Have a look at her CV:

Uh huh.
Any takeaways for those without access to linkedin?

Any takeaways for those without access to linkedin?

Her Linkedin is public. You don't need to join Linkedin to read it.

That said, I''ll lift it:

Malika Ghous:

1699967887058.png

1699967927340.png

Her Linkedin is public. You don't need to join Linkedin to read it.

That said, I''ll lift it:

Malika Ghous:

View attachment 520061
View attachment 520062

I'm typically fine with younger representatives, especially at the trustee level, but yes, her resume does seem quite thin. I'd like to see more local volunteering or presence on boards.

I'm told her father owns a few businesses in the ward and has ties to a lot of political movers and shakers, hence her big list of endorsements, including 3 Liberal MPs (at the bottom of the page).

I was looking at @ShonTron's map results for last year's council election, and it would appear that Parthi Kandavel has the best path to victory, having won all the polls south of Kingston Road. I anticipate these polls will have a higher turnout in a by-election than the the polls to the north.

Last edited:
I'm typically fine with younger representatives, especially at the trustee level, but yes, her resume does seem quite thin. I'd like to see more local volunteering or presence on boards.

I'm told her father owns a few businesses in the ward and has ties to a lot of political movers and shakers, hence her big list of endorsements, including 3 Liberal MPs (at the bottom of the page).

I was looking at @ShonTron's map results for last year's council election, and it would appear that Parthi Kandavel has the best path to victory, having won all the polls south of Kingston Road. I anticipate these polls will have a higher turnout in a by-election than the the polls to the north.

Generally, the population south of Kingston Road is made up by Middle Aged (or older) persons who have money. They tend to vote moreso than the north and eastern ends of the ward where it is lower income or immigrant populations.

I like Parthi and I am torn between him and Kevin. Kevin has the vision but Parthi has the acumen.

Generally, the population south of Kingston Road is made up by Middle Aged (or older) persons who have money. They tend to vote moreso than the north and eastern ends of the ward where it is lower income or immigrant populations.

I like Parthi and I am torn between him and Kevin. Kevin has the vision but Parthi has the acumen.
Regardless of who we vote for, it's too bad there isn't a way to increase voter turnout.

I think the City (and all of the candidates) should encourage people to vote and do a better job of promoting voting by mail.

It's so easy to do. I posted my vote a few days ago.

Regardless of who we vote for, it's too bad there isn't a way to increase voter turnout.

I think the City (and all of the candidates) should encourage people to vote and do a better job of promoting voting by mail.

It's so easy to do. I posted my vote a few days ago.

I considered voting by mail but it is a time consuming process. Much easier to just go into the polling station.

It took me less than 10 minutes to submit my application on line.

Yes but then the ballot has to be mailed to you, then it has to be completed and mailed out.

If I am going to jump through hoops, I may as well go to a polling station.

Back