News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

All MT buses are black, orange, and white... I guess all MT buses are disgusting???

That bus actually looks much better than any other MT bus, though I still prefer the New Flyer buses.

I agree, it does look a lot better, even if it's not a real photo, but a photoshop.

MT announce the 101 Oakvile Express. The 201 not being cancelled as I expect, it will be become coordinated with the 101, similar to the way the 102/202 are. Combined 101 and 201 Oakvile and Dundas Express will have 10 minute frequency east of UTM. Which is not only a decrease in service west of Westdale (from 7-15 minutes to 20 minutes) but also in the peak direction east of Westdale (from 7-9 minutes to 10 minutes).

The October service change is rather disappointing. The 101 only runs rush hours, as if there would be no demand at any other time (yeah, right).

The 101 and 102 (and even the 109) should run at least weekday middays and early evenings (at the very least the 102 should run whenever MT runs that dumb, useless 19A/B that resulted in service cuts north of Britannia), if not Saturdays as well.

Aren't the 100-series routes supposed to be "pre-BRT" routes, running more hours than 200-series rush hour express routes? People (and lots of them on MT's main corridors) don't just travel in rush hours, MT.

Actually, I was more surprised that the 102 did not serve Downtown Brampton. I think the 202 is a better choice for all-day service.

If the 101 is made into a 24/7 route then the 1C should be cancelled. Otherwise it is just redundant. The 101 is a better choice than the 1C, because it is faster and Oakville is an untapped market, so I think MT squandered a huge opportunity here. They should remove some stops in Oakville though.

As for the 109, it actually has decent ridership, it is surprising. If the route used Rathburn and served Square One, instead of using that congested part of the 403 that has no bus bypass lanes anyway, then it could be a viable all-day route as well.

Mississauga Transit 2010 budget:
http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/DpttnCBC9Nov2009MississaugaTransit.pdf

Summary:
- huge loss of ridership in 2009; projected to be 29.1 million compared to 31.4 million in 2008
- ridership in 2010 projected to be only 29.6 million
- Ridership Growth Strategy (RGS) essentially cancelled
- half of planned service increases cancelled, mostly for the planned increases to off-peak weekday and weekend service
- number of growth buses reduced from 15 per year to 8 per year (i.e. no more buses for RGS)
- 35,000 additional service hours in 2010 instead of 70,000
- no fare increase for 2010

BRT/pre-BRT:
- 107 Airport-Malton: rush hour only; service to Malton and Humber College
- proposed routes: 103 Lakeshore Exp, 104 Derry Exp, 105 Dixie-Bramalea Exp, and extension of 102 Intercity Exp south of Square One

It is disappointing but still better than I expected. At least there are no major cuts, right?

The 107 definitely should be an all-day route and the 7 should be taken out of the airport and the 22 should be cancelled or reduced. What a waste of a good opportunity...

The 105 is the only proposed express route that I like. The rest are rubbish. Actually, the 104 not so bad since the 42 is so convoluted and it would connect to a huge number of BT (and MT) routes. It should be called the 204 though siince Derry will never be able to support an off-peak express bus service, let alone full blown BRT.

Agreed with the result so far; and possibly, if fewer buses are ordered, they could be used to replace the aging fleet rather than adding up as a burden. What is really RGS anyways? Some move for Viva-like BRT plans? I've heard about them, but not too sure about the details.

It is about time they proposed an express for 107. Getting from SQ1 to Malton via YYZ is ridiculous, about an hour and up! 7 should be kept as it is, but reduce frequency to avoid overlapping time interval with 107. I think 22 should be reduced to weekday only service and extend the service again once Finch West LRT completes at Humber College.

105 should have been introduced along with 102! I've been anticipated to see this, yet it is not going to happen in the short future. But 102 south of SQ1 doesn't seem to make sense; isn't there 202 stretching from PC to Shopper's World already? What's the difference between 200 series and 100 series routes?

Apart from that, other routes are waste of money, especially 103 (GO Lakeshore). Unless Waterfront West exists, adding an express route from Long Branch to Clarkson is like pearls on pig's neck. 104 is far too early to be realized, although it does benefit both MT and BT riders commuting between Southern Brampton and Northern Sauga as well as YYZ.

This budget will not help to get people out of their cars nor to use it.

There was talk by council about cutting off peak service and proves these clowns don't understand people don't work 9-5 these days as well like to go out on the town various days of the week.

107 will not start running until summer 2010. Service needs to be all day 7 days a week as it is an hour ride on the 7.

202 needs a major overhaul. 202 cannot support off peak service at this time south of Dundas

All Pre-BRT headway should be max 15 minutes. In fact, MT should be running 15-30 Max service 7 days a week for all routes. Trunk lines will be max 15 with a goal to be 10 or less. Other routes will vary from 15-30 with a few seeing 60 minutes service for night service. Need some 24 hr routes.

Need more off peak service 7 days a week.

Councilor Frank Dale rode MT for 3 days and gave up on it. Since then, he has said transit must be market for short trips and use the car for long trips. He was stating on Monday how long it take students to get to Humber from the city core. Gee!!! that no short trip.

Other Councilors said residents are complaining about empty buses and again they fail to understand 50 residents a ha does not support transit in the first place. At the same time, buses can be empty starting or ending a route depending what it connecting to as well along the route. As long as council keeps approving low density along a transit route, ridership will be non existing.

Transit has been, is and will be the whipping boy as it is the easy thing to go after as you cannot get to the real issue of cars. This applies to all cities.

Then council keeps approving the requests for parking at the bottom of the driveway between the road and sidewalk allow that 2-6th car to be purchase. This defeats the goal of getting people to start using transit in the first place.

Then having poor headway does not help to keep or incur-rage people to use transit in the first place.

The Human Right Commission has done some checking on drivers calling out stops and the track record is 18%-37% system wide. Not surprise of this. Even before the official ruling took place, 18% of drivers were only calling out major streets.

30 buses will have the IBus system beginning of the year with the fleet been done by the end of 2010 or early 2011.

As for no fare increase for 2010, all pass holders have already paying that fare hike when the passes went up $2 a week compare to the normal $1 this year. I expect to see the GTA pass go from $47 to $50 early 2010.

The new bus garage for Streetsville will not open until 2017 at this time, not 2014 as plan.

The tender for the 22 Artic's is to close on Nov 17.

No more Hybrid buses will be order until 2015 to see if that the way to go. No, as we don't have a lot of stop and go routes.

I found it strange that MT is paying $.74 a liter for fuel while TTC is paying $.84 on the open market.

More complaints about close doors on 19.

Buses are only clean and wash 30-45 day on the inside.

The 101 and 102 really need to go off-peak, at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. The plans with these "pre-BRT" routes are really lacking when they run rush hours only. It's pathetic that MT can't be bothered to run anything beyond a rush hour service to Oakville Uptown Core or express service on Hurontario, especially with the really dumb 19A and 19B.

Only route 19 should run down from Brampton to P.C. The other 19 "branch" routes should be feeders, and should not reach south beyond SQ1. Increase frequencies of 19 with all-articulated buses. Cut 19A/B frequencies; passenger ridership was high at that time. I don't like the route structure 25, when it could be replaced by 19A all the way down to Matheson.

If Route 101 is an rush-hour express route, I would like to see 1 going all the way down to Oakville as well. Why should it terminate at Ridgeway/Vega when more there are more open opportunities beyond the border? Same for route 5 to Bramalea if 105 is also an express route.

^ Route 19 is busiest south of Sq One, so it makes sense that it has the most service. Ridership along Hurontario is 10% higher now than it was 5 years ago (i.e. before the 19A/B, 102, 202)...

It is about time they proposed an express for 107. Getting from SQ1 to Malton via YYZ is ridiculous, about an hour and up! 7 should be kept as it is, but reduce frequency to avoid overlapping time interval with 107.

Route 7 is actually an extremely crowded and busy industrial route, which is why it serves the airport and Malton so ineffectively. It is just way too slow. I doubt the service could be reduced, especially during rush hour. This is not a high frequency route to begin with so how can the frequency be reduced even further?

If the 107 was an all-day route, there would be no reason for the 7 to serve the airport since it doesn't serve many residential stops that the 107 wouldn't already serve.

I wonder if Brampton Transit will operate or co-operate the 102 once the Main Street "Zum" is operational in 2011. If BT enters that game, it won't be a rush-hour only route, that's for sure.

I was surprised that MT even provides the service to begin with. I think the only reason there is the 102 is because of Zum.

I rode MT for the first time yesterday and it was one of the most horriffic transit experiences I've ever had

I got off the GO train at Cooksville GO station and got on the Hurontario bus. It was choke full of people and it got stuck in traffic most of the time. I was going north of 403 on Hurontario and apparantly, all the buses make this inefficient detour to Square one bus terminal. Going northbound, it made a right turn on burnhamthrope, then left to some road which goes straight to sq 1 terminal. However, there was no grade-separation like STC or many other bus terminals in the GTA, and the process was painfully long

The buses, while looking new on the outside, looked rather outdated in the inside. The low-floor one I was in looked similar to the Orion VII s of the TTC- but with less room , mostly because of the positioning of the front wheels.

all in all, it took me 75 minutes to travel 4.5km!!! sauga really should build a rapid transit line on Hurontario

I rode MT for the first time yesterday and it was one of the most horriffic transit experiences I've ever had

I got off the GO train at Cooksville GO station and got on the Hurontario bus. It was choke full of people and it got stuck in traffic most of the time. I was going north of 403 on Hurontario and apparantly, all the buses make this inefficient detour to Square one bus terminal. Going northbound, it made a right turn on burnhamthrope, then left to some road which goes straight to sq 1 terminal. However, there was no grade-separation like STC or many other bus terminals in the GTA, and the process was painfully long

The buses, while looking new on the outside, looked rather outdated in the inside. The low-floor one I was in looked similar to the Orion VII s of the TTC- but with less room , mostly because of the positioning of the front wheels.

all in all, it took me 75 minutes to travel 4.5km!!! sauga really should build a rapid transit line on Hurontario

Hence the planned LRT?

So that's around 4 km/h. So basically what you are saying is that the Hurontario bus is slower than walking. I wonder how long a complete trip from Port Credit to Shoppers World would be. 4 hours?

Back