News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

to be fair, I transferred at Square 1 terminal to 10 bristol to continue northwards on hurontario and turn at bristol. that transfer took 5-10 min

so Cooksville GO -> bristol took 65-70 min

The LRT should alleviate this madness, assuming it has transit priority signals at intersections and a grade separated ramp to sq 1 terminal

I think Mississauga should have a underground tool (maybe a "loop") that is connnected to the GO REX. Smaller trains offering subway-like service, could connect various centers in the suburb. That'd make more sense than extending a subway which would be much slower than using GO.

On the other hand, the subway is a lot more appropriate for RHC and VCC. Both are eventually going to form the northern-most point of "Downtown North". It's going to involve NYCC expanding all directions, with Downsview, York Um seeing a huge urban intensification as well (with multiple local tram lines), and merging with those suburban developments.

The east-bound development of the NYCC would involve Sheppard (already has) and if the subway was extended to STC, both areas would eventually merge into one. The same goes for the Eastern DRL that goes North of Don Mills into the Markham corporate center. That type of intensification would be able to cover long-term populationg growth without needing to expand the sprawls.

So that's around 4 km/h. So basically what you are saying is that the Hurontario bus is slower than walking. I wonder how long a complete trip from Port Credit to Shoppers World would be. 4 hours?

Outside of peak time 85 minutes and have all kind of data to back it up.

Not sure why it took 75 minutes to get from GO to north of 403 other than a problem on the 403, but should have been 45 minutes at worse.

Loosing 15 minutes going into/from Sq One is a pain. Having the bus sit there for 6-8 minutes is a waste of resources.

Not having the 202 stop at GO is a real dumb move on MT part. I have raise this issue far too long. Then, running it every 19 minutes is no help as well traveling like a slow boat to China. The 102 runs like an express bus, but it has 5 extra minutes in the runtime that needs to be remove.

The 19 was recently saw increased run times to account for the delays due to the construction at the 401 bridge, but even so I don't see a single trip from Port Credit to Shoppers World scheduled to last more than 75 minutes. It usually takes me around 20 minutes to get from Square One to Britannia.

If Cooksville GO to Bristol is taking 65 minutes (instead of the scheduled 20-25 minutes), that basically means that the 19 is operating at one-third of its scheduled frequency. 18 minutes instead of 6 minutes? So within one hour only 3-4 buses will pass by instead of 10... I don't know, that has not been my experience, but that's just me...

Burnhamthorpe Rapid Transit

I thought I read somewhere, at some point in time, that some form of rapid transit was being looked at for Burnhamthorpe, most likely BRT. I may be totally off the mark, but is there anything planned or being looked at?

I thought I read somewhere, at some point in time, that some form of rapid transit was being looked at for Burnhamthorpe, most likely BRT. I may be totally off the mark, but is there anything planned or being looked at?

I couldn't find any sources regarding this, but it was mentioned as part of Burnhamthorpe Rd. E. EA. It has little relevance to the proposed BRT plan, but it does reveal the road redesigning to accommodate future BRT plans. Mostly it is re-conditioning the road for pedestrian uses, bicycle lanes as well as sewer "jobs".

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/Burnhamthorpe-Info-Display-PIC3-1.pdf

I've thought about the express buses to B'hamthorpe. What happened to 86/206 plan? Why has this pathetic 76 replaced the express route?

The 76 seems to be busier than the 86/206 was...

The bus ridership along the Burnhamthorpe corridor has been declining for many years and it is not one of three designated "major" transit corridors, so I doubt it will get BRT. The 110 also makes any BRT along Burnahamthorpe West redundant. And of course, there is also the threat of NIMBYism in Toronto...

Eglinton is identified by the city as one the three major transit corridors and so it is much more likely to get BRT than Burnhamthorpe. Such a BRT could make use of the transitway already being built east of Eastgate and it would connect to the Eglinton LRT in Toronto, and there is nto threat of NIMBYism from Toronto.

OPA 95 will remove Eglinton as a Major Transit Corridor (to be changed to Higher Order Transit Corridor), as part of the City's Official Plan Growth Plan Conformity review.

The 76 seems to be busier than the 86/206 was...

The bus ridership along the Burnhamthorpe corridor has been declining for many years and it is not one of three designated "major" transit corridors, so I doubt it will get BRT. The 110 also makes any BRT along Burnahamthorpe West redundant. And of course, there is also the threat of NIMBYism in Toronto...

Eglinton is identified by the city as one the three major transit corridors and so it is much more likely to get BRT than Burnhamthorpe. Such a BRT could make use of the transitway already being built east of Eastgate and it would connect to the Eglinton LRT in Toronto, and there is nto threat of NIMBYism from Toronto.

I used to take the 26 a lot to get to Toronto. But then I discovered the 1 was faster and I could take the 38 to Dundas and transfer at Mavis. Dundas definitely needs Higher Order Transit. Burnhamthorpe is too low-density and isn't really ideal for redevelopment like Dundas is, and Eglinton is nowhere near built-out.

Does anyone have any idea how is west doing (13,48,38,44,45)? Someone pointed out that 45 seems redundant; I've checked out the route by taking the bus on that route, and it still seems status quo - no major change in service, same capacity as usual (around 1/3 full or so), not too busy nor empty. Notice that I took the bus on evening last week.

Does anyone have any idea how is west doing (13,48,38,44,45)? Someone pointed out that 45 seems redundant; I've checked out the route by taking the bus on that route, and it still seems status quo - no major change in service, same capacity as usual (around 1/3 full or so), not too busy nor empty. Notice that I took the bus on evening last week.

The 45 is okay. Ridership is decent during rush hours. It is so infrequent outside of rush hour though, especially on the weekends, it is unusable.

It is the routes 29 and 48 that performing very poorly, based on my observations. The old 13 and 48 setup had much higher ridership.

I use the 38 and 44 regularly. They need better weekday midday service. The 44 should have better service than the 66, for sure.

Anyways the service new service changes have been posted. They are going to increase the midday service on the 29, which is bizarre based on what I have just said. Also the 8 has been split into two routes and the 37/A will be combined with other routes.

http://www.mississauga.ca/file/COM/ServiceChanges_December2009.pdf

Service Changes - December 7, 2009

New and Redesigned Bus Routes in East and South Mississauga
8 - Cawthra - Weekday - Redesigned
The current Route 8 - Cawthra-Indian Road service will be shortened to operate between the City Centre Transit Terminal and Port Credit GO Station. Passengers will benefit from improved frequencies with buses departing stops every 20 minutes during rush hours and every 25 minutes during midday service. Visit mississaugatransit.com for information on schedules and connecting services, such as the new Route 14 - Lorne Park.

14 - Lorne Park - Weekday - NEW

A new accessible service operating between the Port Credit and Clarkson GO Stations via Indian Road and Truscott Road (formerly served by Route 8 - Cawthra-Indian Road). Buses will depart stops every 35 minutes during rush hours and every 45 minutes during midday service. Passengers can connect to and from GO Train service on this route.

14A - Lorne Park-Industrial - Weekday - NEW

During the AM and PM rush hours, Route 14A - Lorne Park-Industrial will serve the employment area enclosed by Southdown Road, Lakeshore Road, Winston Churchill Boulevard and Royal Windsor Drive (formerly served by Route 37A - Clarkson Shuttle-Royal Windsor).

29 - Park Royal - Weekday
Enhanced midday service - buses will now depart stops every 24 minutes, rather than every 33 minutes. Check up-to-date schedule information online.

29A - Park Royal-Meadow Wood - Weekday - NEW
One southbound trip (at 7:08 am) and one southbound trip (at 2:55 pm) from Erin Mills Town Centre will continue on from the Clarkson GO Station (STOP #4508) to the Lakeshore Road West and Meadow Wood Road area (STOP #0211), formerly served by Route 37 - Clarkson Shuttle.

MORE SERVICE IMPROVEMENTS

13 - Glen Erin - Weekday

To improve connections with Route 201 - Dundas Express, the 5:06 am southbound trip from Meadowvale Town Centre (STOP #2127) will now depart at 5:04 am.

15 - Drew - Weekday
To better serve passengers, the 9:50 pm westbound trip from Westwood Mall (STOP #1687) will now depart at 9:55 pm, and the 10:25 pm eastbound trip from Longside Drive at Maritz Drive (STOP #3802) will now depart at 10:30 pm.

23 - Lakeshore - Weekday
To improve connections with GO Train service, the 9:18 pm eastbound trip from Clarkson GO Station (STOP #0139) will now depart at 9:20 pm, and the 10:52 pm eastbound trip from Clarkson GO Station (STOP #0139) will depart from the Port Credit GO Station (STOP #0342) at 11:10 pm.

57 - Courtneypark - Weekday
To better serve passengers, the 3:58 pm northbound trip from Hurontario Street and Courtneypark Drive (STOP #5304) will now depart from the Infield Loop (STOP #5707) at 3:55 pm.

61 - Mavis - Weekday
To improve connections with GO Train service, the 7:36 am southbound trip from Sheridan College (STOP #6600) will now depart at 7:33 am. The 11:58 pm southbound trip from Financial Drive and Syntex Court (STOP #6880) will now depart at 12:05 am.

SCHOOL SERVICE

320 - Cawthra Secondary-Lorne Park - Weekday - NEW
A new westbound service departing at 3:11 pm from Cawthra Park Secondary School (STOP #0315), travelling to the Clarkson GO Station (STOP #0297) via Lorne Park Secondary School (STOP #0237) - reinforcing the service provided by the new Route 14 - Lorne Park at school dismissal time.

328 - Cawthra Secondary-Bloor - Weekday
An extended trip departing at 2:44 pm from Truscott Drive and Davebrook Road (STOP #0246) will travel via Lorne Park Secondary School, Port Credit GO Station, Cawthra Park Secondary School to the City Centre Transit Terminal.

SATURDAY SERVICE

8 - Cawthra - Saturday - Redesigned

Operating between the City Centre Transit Terminal and Port Credit GO Station, this new service will be interlined with the new Route 14 - Lorne Park on Saturdays only, so that passengers will not have to board another bus at the Port Credit GO Station to transfer to the Route 14 - Lorne Park. Buses will continue to depart on an hourly frequency.

14 - Lorne Park - Saturday - NEW
Operating between the Port Credit and Clarkson GO Stations via Indian Road and Truscott Road, this new accessible service will be interlined with the new Route 8 - Cawthra on Saturdays only, so that passengers will not have to board another bus at the Port Credit GO Station to transfer to the Route 8 - Cawthra. Buses will continue to depart on an hourly frequency.

NEXT SERVICE CHANGE - January 25, 2010.

All information is subject to change without notice.
SERVICE ENDS
37 - Clarkson Shuttle
37A - Clarkson Shuttle-Royal Windsor
Weekday

Due to a decline in overall customer demand for these services, they will no longer be provided by Mississauga Transit, as per the service rationalization measures contained in the approved 2009 budget.

Customers can try the Route 14A-Lorne Park-Industrial, which will serve the employment area enclosed by Southdown Road, Lakeshore Road, Winston Churchill Boulevard and Royal Windsor Drive during the weekday AM and PM rush hours.

What was the old 13 and 48 route structure? How are they different to the recent structure?

With that question asked, this is one major change that MT is doing the right thing: 8 is Cawthra Road route, so it is STRICTLY for the bus to run mostly through Cawthra to PC GO. The previous route service was bizarre, going to Lorne Park to Clarkson via PC? What a hell waste of time and it is about time they corrected that.

I didn't find route 29 that bad with occasionally 1/3 full throughout the entire trip. 29 could use some increase in frequency, but every 24 minutes? This isn't even a rush-hour service, so should be rather adjusted to every half an hour or so; I don't really get the 29A route structure. Who in Rattray estates is really taking buses to get to Clarkson? No bus (not even 44) serves Sauga Road south of Dundas, so why should the service exist in Rattray?

Its also interesting that MT doesn't utilise its bus fleets very well according to its services(1, 19 should be all-articulated bus-service, but instead has a mixes of normal and articulated fleets).

Last edited:
The 48 also went all the way to Clarkson along the 13's current routing, and beyond that to Inverhouse along the 29's current routing. The old 13/48 was just better for everyone, and required less buses...

Drink and Drive the Better Way

Read the New Year Service headway as it is an anti transit one if I every saw one.

19 see 30 minutes, 26 see 56 minutes, 11 see 35 minutes

Now..........#3..........80 minutes. It was 40 last year up from 20.

The rest of the system headway has double over last year. Why put service on the road when it it will put drivers behind the wheel in the first place?

Dundas East 35 min Laird/Ridgeway 1661 2:44 AM
West 35 min Islington Subway 0801 3:40 AM
3 Bloor East 80 min Square One 1403 3:11 AM
West 80 min Islington Subway 1303 3:51 AM
5 Dixie South 54 min Matheson/Dixie 2004 3:04 AM
North 54 min Long Branch 0446 3:00 AM
9 Rathburn- South 75 min Meadowvale Town Centre 2222 3:38 AM
Millers Grove North 75 min Square One 0597 3:04 AM
11 Westwood South 35 min Westwood Mall 2848 3:30 AM
North 35 min Islington Subway 1312 4:05 AM
13 Glen Erin South 50 min Meadowvale Town Centre 2127 2:51 AM
North 50 min Clarkson GO Station 0101 3:41 AM