News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Rocco Rossi lost my vote. Where are all those cars coming in going to park? Going to tear down some buildings or kick out residences who didn't vote for Rossi for parking lots. Does he want to create a New Detroit or New Hamilton with the same kind of downtown, empty with parking lots and buildings? My do-not-vote-for list now contains: Rob Ford and Rocco Rossi.

From your posts, i don't think you ever considered moving right of Pantalone anyways ;)

If anything, you guys should be jumping with joy, this strikes right at the Heart of Ford Supporters ;)

Last edited:
:)

Yup, that's right Rocco, let's cram more automobile traffic into downtown.

I'm now liking the chances of Rocco taking much of the shit-for-brains vote from Ford, paving (ha!) the way for Smitherman to get in. I seriously hope Rocco stays in the race now.

I've become "anyone but Ford, or Rossi" now, and Smitherman has the best chances. Smitherman is far from perfect, but cripes, at least he likes Toronto.

If Rocco Rossi wants to build his Allen Road tunnel, do it AFTER we build the Downtown Relief Line AND Transit City. By that time, most of the cheap oil reserves would be used up and no one will be able to afford to use a car. However, both Rocco Rossi and Rob Ford seem to be living for the moment, without considering the future of Toronto.

Who knows but maybe Rocco and his camp believe that Transit City will do nothing to increase TTC ridership and that the number of people who drive downtown will remain the same or increase in the future.

Maybe they just cannot picture more Torontonians making the switch from car to public transit, walking, or cycling and came out with this plan

Last edited:
From your posts, i don't think you ever considered moving right of Pantalone anyways ;)

If anything, you guys should be jumping with joy, this strikes right at the Heart of Ford Supporters ;)

Pantalone could be my next entry into my do-not-vote-for list. I don't like his support of the "fair wage" policy, because it does not seem very fair to non-union workers. And then there's the NDP support he gets, the same NDP that is supported by the autoworkers. Not my cup of tea, green tea.

Waiting for he, himself, to be nudged into my do-not-vote-for list, but at the moment, he remains out. We have a few more weeks to select the least "evil" mayor.

Come on, as this forum's resident Rossi supporter, you've got to have more to say than that. Still backing your candidate?

I like how Rossy said he'll do the cost analysis AFTER the election. lol He knows perfectly well it would cost in the billions and we have no way of paying for it. (without raising taxes or tolls) Will people actually fall for a stunt like this? Rossy is getting desperate and is grasping at straws. Sadly, there are very few credible ideas from any of them. If these are the best we have, that's kinda scary! I have issues with every one of them but I'm still going to vote for whoever is closest to defeating Ford.

Come on, as this forum's resident Rossi supporter, you've got to have more to say than that. Still backing your candidate?

What Can i Say, i think it's a wacky idea... but from a political standpoint, it's a good idea to steal some votes from RF fans. He wasn't gonna win any votes from smitherman anyways... they've wipped the party line.. SO one bad idea.. but still by far the best track record in terms of what he has done.... what can I say... fiscally conservative, socially liberal

Daryn Jones of "Buzz" and MTV fame destroys Rob Ford:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDarynJones#p/u/0/I1wVaN6163o[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDarynJones#p/u/1/bB3i8rvaFQw[/video]

What Can i Say, i think it's a wacky idea... but from a political standpoint, it's a good idea to steal some votes from RF fans. He wasn't gonna win any votes from smitherman anyways... they've wipped the party line.. SO one bad idea.. but still by far the best track record in terms of what he has done.... what can I say... fiscally conservative, socially liberal

Yeah, he should be fighting to we win a chunk of Ford's 35%, while completely alienating the other 65%. Real smart strategy. And Smitherman's slowly falling for it too...trying to take a bite from the leader and ignoring the massive undecided vote. Do conservatives get 2 votes each this year or something?

The whole fiscal conservative / social liberal is such a tired cliche. It's the least meaningful platform in existence, and even less meaningful in Toronto where being a social conservative is a non-starter. 4 of the 5 main candidates would like to classify themselves that way. Next you'll be telling us you like chocolate and hate getting stabbed in the leg.

If Laschinger can win this election for Pantalone by simply sitting back, staying positive, and watching as all the other candidates destroy themselves, that'll make for a good story.

I was intrigued listening to the debate that was on OMNI on ... Sunday? (I recorded the repeat this afternoon) to hear Rossi saying that if I thought Miller was doing a good job, and wanted more of the same, I should vote for ...

... Pantalone.

I think Miller has done a great job. During his administration, we've replaced (or at least ordered) most of the buses, streetcars, and subway trains in this city. We've got the Spadina subway extension going, we have the subway under Eglinton (assuming one of these fools doesn't manage to cancel it), we have more buses on the street, longer service hours, cleaner parks, better city information, less homeless downtown, BMO field .... etc.

The chances I'd vote for Rossi were pretty low with his pledge to rip up bike lanes, and this absurd Spadina expressway revival ... but I've been pondering Smitherman and Thomson ... but Rossi thinks I should vote for Pantalone.

... interesting.

The whole fiscal conservative / social liberal is such a tired cliche. It's the least meaningful platform in existence, and even less meaningful in Toronto where being a social conservative is a non-starter.
have you been paying attention to the election???

out of touch much? Ford's wining this race... and last I heard, he gets 300 volunteers , random people, on every 'canvass' he's doing... No one is even remotely coming close to those numbers. He's probably ymore socially conservative than than HUDAk or Harper!

If Laschinger can win this election for Pantalone by simply sitting back, staying positive, and watching as all the other candidates destroy themselves, that'll make for a good story.

No chance, Miller fooled conservatives and liberals and NDPs the like because he was an unkown. Pantalone has 30 years of NDP tendencies... not going to happen.

No chance, Miller fooled conservatives and liberals and NDPs the like because he was an unkown. Pantalone has 30 years of NDP tendencies... not going to happen.

Reminder: Toronto is traditionally left leaning. We're not affraid of Liberals or NDPs.

Back