News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

A video message from Jacinda Ardern.......NZ's PM.

I must confess.....it feels unscripted..........( I have no idea if there's a teleprompter in her bedroom) LOL.........but ..........I like the way she seemed accessible, warm, but factual.

People in the US right now are protesting for the right to go back to slaving away so they can make people like Bezos even more obscenely wealthy whilst risking their own health.
They’re not all worker drones. Many own small businesses and have employees that depend on them.

A video message from Jacinda Ardern.......NZ's PM.

I must confess.....it feels unscripted..........( I have no idea if there's a teleprompter in her bedroom) LOL.........but ..........I like the way she seemed accessible, warm, but factual.

I don't follow NZ politics much at all but the few times I have seen her, I have been impressed. Forthright, plain-spoken and empathetic.

Likely reality for cities all across North America:

San Jose mayor says large gatherings 'are not realistic' until 2021

April 21, 2020

Businesses across the country may slowly begin to resume operations in the weeks and months ahead, but don’t expect large conferences or sporting events to return until next year, at least in California’s Bay Area.

Speaking to Yahoo Finance, San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo said the idea of large gatherings of people is “not realistic” until 2021 in the absence of wide scale testing and a vaccine for COVID-19.

“I’m telling folks who are promoting events in the summer and the fall, I wouldn’t invest any money in those right now,” Liccardo said. “We could be in it for the long haul with those kinds of events.”

The assessment from the mayor of California’s third-largest city echoes that of leaders across the state. Last week, Governor Gavin Newsom unveiled a detailed six-point roadmap to modifying the state’s stay-at-home order, saying mass gatherings would be “negligible at best” without herd immunity.

"Large-scale events that bring in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of strangers all together across every conceivable difference, health and otherwise, is not in the cards based upon our current guidelines and current expectations," he said.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti confirmed his city is also unlikely to authorize events such as sports, concerts, and movie premiers until 2021.

During this Covid shutdown an environmental menace is making a big comeback - the single use plastic bag. I have noticed my garbage cart is full of plastic bags and plastic wrapping. Stores are using more plastic now than they ever have. Most major grocery chains and even my local corner store has banned reusable bags, the cashier kicked a guy out of the store the other day for walking in with rusable bags.

During this Covid shutdown an environmental menace is making a big comeback - the single use plastic bag. I have noticed my garbage cart is full of plastic bags and plastic wrapping. Stores are using more plastic now than they ever have. Most major grocery chains and even my local corner store has banned reusable bags, the cashier kicked a guy out of the store the other day for walking in with rusable bags.

1) That makes no sense

2) No evidence whatsoever of tangible risk of transmission from reusuable bags.

3) A German study suggests virtually no transmissiblity from objects. They tested all sorts of public surfaces including door-knobs/handles and couldn't even find a trace of Covid.

4) Sobeys doesn't even have plastic bags, only paper and re-usable.

5) LCBO, and other stores have only suggested that if you bring a re-usable you should expect to do your own bagging. Which while not supported by the evidence is fine with me as precautionary principle/being seen as a decent employer.

1) That makes no sense

2) No evidence whatsoever of tangible risk of transmission from reusuable bags.

3) A German study suggests virtually no transmissiblity from objects. They tested all sorts of public surfaces including door-knobs/handles and couldn't even find a trace of Covid.

4) Sobeys doesn't even have plastic bags, only paper and re-usable.

5) LCBO, and other stores have only suggested that if you bring a re-usable you should expect to do your own bagging. Which while not supported by the evidence is fine with me as precautionary principle/being seen as a decent employer.

Monkey see monkey do. Once one store did it they all copied. I still bring reusable bags, i just keep them hidden in my coat pocket, and i put the items in my reusable bag on the street. The plastic bags aren't durable for walking home form the store.

A lot of people do things that seem common sense but maybe not supported by science.

I been using plastic bags as I can dispose of them easily and find reusable bags too much of a hassel with current issues.

I have only gone to my local Metro grocery store, but they have banned reusable bags. They have reverted back to plastic bags.

The reason I was told by the store manager was because they have a policy where the customers are no longer allowed to self-baggage. The cashiers baggage items, and not using reusable bags reduces risk to cashiers.

Back