News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Redneck idiots. We’re going to have to close the US border for months.

Don't worry about redneck Kentuckans crossing the border...........they can't even find Canada on a map! To be fair, not sure they could find Kentucky either.....

The issue is both America and Canada have not experience an invasion or conflict internally for a long long time.

Like we have not had 5-10% of our population killed through war as they did in Europe.

Canada has been (militarily) invaded only once............and....well, we weren't Canada yet..........in 1812. 208 years and counting. Excepting the Brits burning down the now 'White House' in said conflict, I don't believe the U.S. has ever been invaded; though it was attacked at Pearl Harbour.

For the health and wellbeing of all Canadians I hope that Trudeau doesn't reopen the US border or permit entry to Americans until the fall.

I can see Canada opening access to Europe and the Far East before opening access to the (dis-)United States of America.

Back to core topic............the LTC disaster continue to unfold unabated, here in Ontario.

1587566162997.png

I think it is naive to think that Canada wouldn't be heavily impacted by a conflict in the United States. Civil wars often have fall-out in neighbouring countries.

Today's Ontario numbers:

Overall, good news continues with a couple of asterisks.

New Case Growth - 4.3%, this is down from 4.9% and was over 6% most of last week. Lowest growth we've seen in several weeks. (we're also up above 10,000 tests in the last 24 hours)

Total Hospitalizations: Up 2.2%; this is one of those asterisks, wrong direction, but not a huge shift. But worth keeping an eye on.

Total ICU down 2.8%, continuing a downward tragectory.

Total on ventilator: -1%

Resolved (no more symptoms, deemed clear of virus, now over 50% at 50.8%

37 more deaths, sadly a fairly typical number at this point, I think a few more days before we can hope for material decline of this number.

1587567208533.png

Go to this link to see the cases by countries. The columns are sort-able, so you can see the different selections (IE. total cases/1M, tests/1M, total cases, total deaths, etc.)

1587569340673.png

Don't worry about redneck Kentuckans crossing the border...........they can't even find Canada on a map! To be fair, not sure they could find Kentucky either.....

I agree with the sentiment about unlearned rednecks, but I doubt many Canadians could find Kentucky on a map. Not a proportionally fair comparison to be sure, but just saying :)

Maybe the Toronto police could hire this guy? Since the cops couldn't catch this idiot in a mustang doing donuts. The cops were right on his bumper!

It's likely they took off at very high speed and the police declined to pursue to create a dangerous chase situation on narrow streets. There's ample video to use and determine who was in the cars and ID licence plates.

Back