News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Declining hospitalization may be a reflection of the younger age group. Or it may be a time lag as cases progress. Hopefully it’s the former.
Hospitalizations and deaths, that’s where I’m watching for jumps. It will be interesting if there is a major jump in cases but small increase in hospitalizations.

10,000 students switch from in-person to online learning at Peel public schools in past week

Peel District School Board says more than 10,000 students have switched from in-person to online learning in the past week.

In a letter to families on Saturday, the board says more than 64,000 students are now enrolled in its online school. The board says the increase of more than 10,000 students means it has to make changes to its online school in terms of staffing and timetables.

The increase will delay the start of online learning in real time, with students receiving online projects this week, according to their grade, and the expectation that they will be done independently, the board says.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...-increase-online-learning-enrolment-1.5722487

A colleague of mine who lives in Etobicoke says he'll be switching his son (grade 1) to online learning once they complete the formalities.

Ontario is reporting 313 cases of #COVID19 as nearly 30,000 tests were completed. 78% of today's cases are from three regions, with 112 in Toronto, 71 in Peel and 60 in Ottawa. All other PHUs have fewer than 10 new cases, except for York with 13 cases. 15 PHUs have no new cases.

Ontario is reporting 313 cases of #COVID19 as nearly 30,000 tests were completed. 78% of today's cases are from three regions, with 112 in Toronto, 71 in Peel and 60 in Ottawa. All other PHUs have fewer than 10 new cases, except for York with 13 cases. 15 PHUs have no new cases.

Not completely surprised, but didn't fully expect the numbers to climb into the 300's so quickly, after just starting up the 200's a few days ago. Sounds like numbers from the Labour Day parties and general late summer carelessness is kicking in now.

Not completely surprised, but didn't fully expect the numbers to climb into the 300's so quickly, after just starting up the 200's a few days ago. Sounds like numbers from the Labour Day parties and general late summer carelessness is kicking in now.
Think Toronto, Peel and Ottawa should roll back into stage 2? While the rest of the Ontario remains in stage 3?

I have a friend who went to have a Covid test done at Toronto Western Hospital on Bathurst & Dundas during the week, and she was in line for a solid 2-3 hours during the afternoon. She didn't have symptoms but needed to complete the test for her current job. The tests run until 8pm, but at certain points they'll turn people away based on projected timelines, and it's not uncommon for people to just leave and perhaps come back on a different day.

I noticed a huge line outside of it last Friday. Ominous.

Complete shit show as I expected. Government rushing kids back to school looking like complete idiots as cases skyrocket. I see people everywhere maskless breathing into each others faces...going to parties and events. Just no regard for people. I've seen my mom twice. My wife has seen her mom once. We're doing our part. Many others are not. Why bother?

Think Toronto, Peel and Ottawa should roll back into stage 2? While the rest of the Ontario remains in stage 3?

I was curious by the relatively high number for Ottawa too. Maybe the first approach will be limiting what hours certain businesses like bars can open until, just like in BC. But at some point as the numbers keep rising, a regional approach to rolling back to Stage 2 seems likely.

Last edited:
Ontario needs to expand facilities for COVID-19 testing. Instead of targets of 20,000 per day, Ontario should look for targets of 50,000+ per day.

Back